Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Approaching 6 months in business!

At the end of the month, I will have been in business for 6 months! I started out at about 38% booked in September 2017. I did not advertise, just google, facebook and my website. I now am almost booked through the middle of April! I have a few openings here and there, but only for a few single dog homes. My goal was to be booked by 6 months, and I hit it mid December I love all of my clients (maybe 2 or 3 could be removed, but they are not that bad) and I am definitely on the track of a better life.

I think my whole business model is the key to my success. I am all about quality, and my prices (for my area) are at the right level to keep the smile on my face all day. I do have a lot of people give me the "let me speak to my husband/wife", but they aren't the clients I am looking for. I have had some people be down right rude, "what can we do about that price, I pay half that over at the old chop shop, etc..." I just stick to my guns! My favorite is when people tell me that they used to go to some lady that only charged $40 for a standard poodle and for some reason she went out of business (but my prices are still too high lol). I just tell them that mobile is not for everyone and in order to keep my quality high my prices need to be at a certain level.

I have to thank my wonderful husband for being my unpaid assistant. He does almost all the driving, vacuuming and dumping/filling. We also are in a snow area, so lots of filling in below freezing weather! Last night we had to run the hose through our house because the outside spigot was frozen!

Today I have a 2 hour break in between clients for the first time in a couple months (right by our house too!), I am relieved to be able to eat lunch at home lol...

We paid a CPA to do our taxes for last year, I told him what my sales were in January and his eyes about bulged out of his head... I think that is a good sign!

A big CONGRATS to you!!!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

During the winter, I have my hose hooked up to my hot water tank in my basement. I just pull up outside, close to the basement doors and fill my tank with hot water....this thaws out the frozen water in the "intake" area.

I never have a gap during grooming, my goal is to get my schedule finished ASAP and head on home !!

So.....your husband drives you everyday ?.......is he also a groomer too ??

Happy having a partner

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    So.....your husband drives you everyday ?.......is he also a groomer too ??
    HAHAHA!!! He has been thrown into the world of blow drying multiple pet stops. He is getting much better! He is also a master " TOWEL TOWEL TOWEL" cat pee disaster saver. The first 3 months of working in a small "room" with my husband were the roughest... I felt so cramped and I had to learn to ask for things instead of making grunting or huffing noises, lol... We are doing great now and our little tiffs are down to a minimum. It has been wonderful having someone to help me be more efficient and get in an extra stop each day. With all of that ignored, I have worked a few days solo, and I have to say... it is nice.
    Back to my husband helping, I think he really appreciates my hard work now. He has always been really supportive, but now when I come home and say "its a veg out on the couch night" he understands.

Well done!!!!! Exactly, I have had boyfriends want to help out and do half the work we do and they are like, maybe I landscape the yard for you, it would be easier!

Excellent you are doing so well. That freezing is an issue!

More success to you!!!!!!

Sending you love and light and family too. Been through all of this. My familia we stick together and have seen it all, just keep love in the heart.

A million hugs for caring so much, but you work is also to keep love and joy alive with all the pets you help. Don't get so down.

I have been through this and here is my BEST advice. NOW, before she has further distancing, while she is lucid NOW, just say what you can. Let go IF ANY I DO NOT KNOW, but say what you want to say whether love or sorry, clear the air if needed. You will feel better than thinking down line, if only she knew it was me and I would like to have said. Trust me to consider this. Otherwise know if nothing, good, but just say your greatest love while she is still clear. Some people think they are partly here and partly on the other side, so not so much a tragedy for her as much as one for the family. Too many people don't clear the air as needed. Otherwise, just be loving and patient, they need time. I hope this makes sense. More hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Le Pew View Post
    At the end of the month, I will have been in business for 6 months! I started out at about 38% booked in September 2017. I did not advertise, just google, facebook and my website. I now am almost booked through the middle of April! I have a few openings here and there, but only for a few single dog homes. My goal was to be booked by 6 months, and I hit it mid December I love all of my clients (maybe 2 or 3 could be removed, but they are not that bad) and I am definitely on the track of a better life.

I think my whole business model is the key to my success. I am all about quality, and my prices (for my area) are at the right level to keep the smile on my face all day. I do have a lot of people give me the "let me speak to my husband/wife", but they aren't the clients I am looking for. I have had some people be down right rude, "what can we do about that price, I pay half that over at the old chop shop, etc..." I just stick to my guns! My favorite is when people tell me that they used to go to some lady that only charged $40 for a standard poodle and for some reason she went out of business (but my prices are still too high lol). I just tell them that mobile is not for everyone and in order to keep my quality high my prices need to be at a certain level.

I have to thank my wonderful husband for being my unpaid assistant. He does almost all the driving, vacuuming and dumping/filling. We also are in a snow area, so lots of filling in below freezing weather! Last night we had to run the hose through our house because the outside spigot was frozen!

Today I have a 2 hour break in between clients for the first time in a couple months (right by our house too!), I am relieved to be able to eat lunch at home lol...

We paid a CPA to do our taxes for last year, I told him what my sales were in January and his eyes about bulged out of his head... I think that is a good sign!
    Wonderful news, I am heading in your direction *mobile pun* later this year.

Very happy for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast