Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laugh UPDATED WITH WINNER! Wahl Pay it Forward Contest 2018 -

The winner of the FIRST Wahl Pay it Forward Contest Feb/Mar 2018 is EMMA123. Remember, we will be having another one, date to be announced.

In 2018 we will host 2 or more WAHL clipper pay it forward (PIF) contests.

The first WAHL PAY IT FORWARD 2018 CONTEST - WAHL OF WISDOM FOR GROOMERS is open February 15, 2018 to March 31, 2018. The winner of the 2 Bravuras will be announced after a drawing of those of you that posted your grooming tips/wisdom here. Each post earns 1 ticket in the contest drawing.

REMEMBER! This contest has some key differences between other contests we have conducted in the past. You enter this contest ONLY by posting grooming tips (wisdom) on the WAHL OF WISDOM FOR GROOMERS discussions.

1. When you enter the contest here in 2018, your entries also counter for not only this first WAHL PIF Contest, but any future WAHL PIF contests here in 2018. There will be at least two in 2018.
    2. The ONLY way to enter the WAHL PIF contests in 2018 is to POST A REPLY in THIS forum helping us to "Build the Wall (WAHL) of Wisdom with grooming tips to share with others.
    3. It is NOT likely there will be any related trivia contests during the WAHL PIF contests where you can win additional drawing tickets for the WAHL contests.
    4. Posting new threads or replies on the message board outside of the WAHL PIF contest threads do NOT earn any tickets for the WAHL PIF drawing(s).

In this way those of you taking time to add your wisdom and tips to the WAHL PIF contests have GREATER chances of being a WAHL PIF contest winner in return for your sharing.

Rules: You do not have to be 18 years of age to post your grooming tips and wisdom, but in order to win the PIF contest and receive clippers, you must be at least 18 years of age when you posted. Void where prohibited. You must also be US citizen to win. You are responsible for any taxes on your winnings. Do not contact WAHL if you win. Find A Groomer Inc has the prizes in its offices provided by WAHL. If you win, one Bravura will be shipped to you, and you will be asked to name your pay it forward prize winner. Your choice should be a groomer in need, a grooming emergency fund, or a pet rescue or similar animal welfare organization. In order to post on this message board you must register simply with an email address.

HOW AND WHAT TO POST - BUILDING THE WAHL OF WISDOM FOR PET GROOMERS

It's easy. Share as many grooming tips as you like. From your experience you gained grooming wisdom. Each post you make gets you 1 ticket in the current drawing, and future drawings as noted above. We have created a few categories and please place yours in the most appropriate category.

THE CONTENT OF YOUR TIPS YOU POST ARE NOT BEING JUDGED IN ORDER TO BE A WINNER.

YOU MAY SHARE GROOMING WISDOM (TIPS) OF OTHERS who have published their grooming wisdom for the public. Please short excerpts only, and give credit where credit is due. If you read a great tip in an online blog, you may mention that tip but you must provide the name of the author and a link to the blog. For example:

Sandy a member here, could post... "I read Cathy Groomer's blog, and she recommends going at least 4 weeks before treatments when this condition is present." Cathy Groomer's blog is at cathygroomerblog.com. Here is another example:

You could post... "In her book From Problems to Profits, Maddie Ogle recommended the Preferred Client Program" for scheduling more frequent appointment." That would be adequate but you could add Maddie's book is at groomingbusinesssinabox.com.

EVERY TIME YOU POST A TIP, A BRICK IN THE WAHL, YOU GET 1 TICKET IN THE CONTEST DRAWING.

Remember do NOT post in this thread. We have provided some "sticky" threads by category of tips. Good luck winning the Bravuras in the drawing.

Please allow a few minutes for the sticky threads (categories) to appear.
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 04-03-18 at 11:49 AM.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

OK I think I get it. So this really does narrow down the likelihood that the regulars here if they post tips have fantastic odds of winning!!! That's great. I also appreciate that when we enter this contest it is also good for the next one. Clever. Thanks WAHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    OK I think I get it. So this really does narrow down the likelihood that the regulars here if they post tips have fantastic odds of winning!!! That's great. I also appreciate that when we enter this contest it is also good for the next one. Clever. Thanks WAHL.
    Agreed! And there is so much wisdom on this forum this should be very interesting
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Cool idea I am already lovin see the tips of others.

Wahl bravura's are my go to clipper for everything and with the snap on combs you can really use your talent. I find the snap on combs far superior to all other brands. Lets talk about maintenance of the blades since that would be number one in importance. After using the blade all day I usually blow out all the hair with my force dryer and oil it. I do not wipe the oil off just let it sit overnight. Then in the morning I will wipe it if need be. When using the snap on combs back brush and then reclip to give that nice finish. I usually always scissor after using combs but that is just me. I do not do this but many people even use the combs on heads including bichon/poodles.

We get 1 ticket in the drawing per post right? I overlooked that. Cool idea.

If you have a small to medium sized dog who is not great for ear plucking or nail trimming, sometimes laying them on their side to so so and applying gentle pressure at the point of shoulder and flank area holding them down they will tend to be more submissive and allow you to do it then If you have them standing and tethered. I usually do this by "pouring" the dog which means grabbing the front and rear legs on the opposite side of the dog of which you are standing and gently pulling the legs towards you. This causes the dog to "pour" onto that side. NOT ALL DOGS Will do better for ears and nails this way, but some will just give in and lay there. It definitely is a technique that you need to use your better judgement on which dog you think this technique would be good for or not.

My Jack I lay on the floor and throw a leg over his hind end and a leg over his shoulder and do his nails this way. He's a little bugger otherwise and this is the only way I find I can safely restrain him to dremel his nails.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Agree Hurry! Post Last Minute Grooming Tips - Bravura Pay It Forward Ends March 31, 2018

Last few days are NOW. Post soon.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Contest closes in about 30 hours.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

Quote Originally Posted by GroomerTALK Coordinator View Post
    Last few days are NOW. Post soon.
    Sticky Threads? Where do we post?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contest closed, winner will be announced Tuesday April 3, 2018.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the FAQ section, or in the Board Help Forum. Thanks for coming to PetGroomer.com http://www.petgroomer.com.

We will be announcing winner later today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast