Default I said goodbye to my best friend on Saturday :(

About a month ago I had a mobile vet come to do a check up on my cat, she stopped putting on weight and her alopecia had gotten worse. They did some blood work and she was diagnosed with Cushing's disease. Since my cat (lovingly named cat after Holly Golightly's cat) was 14 years old the vet said surgery might not be a good idea as she won't likely make it. I got meds to maintain it but about a week and a half ago I noticed her condition was significantly worse. She was rapidly losing more weight, she seemed sluggish, didn't leave her bed and wouldn't engage with my dogs (She used to tease the dogs and try and get them to chase her).

I looked at her and I knew it was time...

I had an in-home euthanasia which was very peaceful but heartbreaking. She went extremely peacefully, the sedatives kicked in as she ate her wet food and she fell deep asleep. I got to feel her last breath...

This was the first time I had to do this, I had moved out of my parent's house by the time it was my family dog's time. Squeeze your babies extra tight for me...

So sorry Rik, saying goodbye to our precious pets is so very tough. I have done it many times so I can empathize with you. You have lots of great happy memories I'm sure to hold close to your heart

So so sorry Cosmo!
    ♡♡♡♡HUGS♡♡♡♡
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Oh Cosmo, sorry for your loss. I love them staying home for the transition. My vet does that and it bonds me to him. It was so much easier on the dogs. HUGS

I'm sorry :-( It sucks.

So very sorry. The worst thing about loving a pet. Those people who say they will never have another because of the heartbreak at the end, forget those many happy years they shared and the lessons of love that our pets teach us. I've cried a thousand tears over the loss of many pets, but I wouldn't trade a single moment of the times we shared. Hugs, and happy memories for you.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot to me.

I am so so so sorry x warm hugs x x x

You did the kind and loving thing Cosmo. Doesn't make it easier. Cried a few tears for your loss.

I'm very sorry for your loss. May your happy memories sustain you in this time of grief.