Default PetCo and PetSmart -- tax-cut related bonuses or expansion

Has anyone heard news that PetCo or Pet Smart will offer their employees bonuses due to the huge tax cut corporations have received? Any expansions planned? Just curious, not criticizing.

I have not heard about any bonuses. Most of those doing that had bucks offshore and bringing it home. But it is probably too early to say. Didn't petsmart just change ceo? I thought I read that here or somewhere else, maybe something will come out of that. I know they had a little bit of issue with the purchase of chewy, not bad or good, but I know some of the brands that chewy sold were not happy with it. It cost them a lot to buy it too. Anyway just things I saw when reading the paper.

Petco just restructured the grooming incentive pay from commissions to bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, well the 'Mart has decided to take military and senior discounts off of the ticket price instead of at the register, so the groomers get 10% taken off their commissions for those grooms -_- It has everyone pretty ticked off on the message boards, aside from some obvious corp plants...

Because they are struggling big time just to stay vital and keep groomers with jobs. Some mistakes were made not to do with groomers. They are financially struggling to stay stable. They changed CEO's. Their groomers may have to find jobs in the future? Remember the chewy acquisition? The stock debt ratios, or don't groomers stay informed of such things? It was in the pet trade magazines. Read the financial news like Wall St Journal. Right now every penny counts for them sad to say for the groomers. And Amazon is nuking the pet retail market. Where will the groomers go for jobs then? Not amazon. Mart is struggling big time.

I saw the articles on the board here about the troubles the one corp was having. Isn't that why they were trying the grooming salons instead? Amazon is brutal. Why whine about it. Take care of yourselves. We have a lot of empty storefronts even with big names today like Sears, but new chains up and coming with new financing. Don't take corp jobs for granted is the lesson.

Good luck with the mart, with the national articles on groomers killing around 50 pets it isn't going to help groomers working for them. Always have a backup plan.