Smile Mobile groomer in accident going to use a table at my shop

Well to ease the burden of loss of income a mobile groomer I know for years had an accident and will be out of her van for at least a week. She is going to "rent a table" to cover my expenses for water, electricity only. She has an Odyssey van for her personal car and called some of her customers that are reasonably near our salon. She is going to pick some of them up, groom them, and return them. Probably 4 or 5 a day. I thought it is a great idea and if her customers don't mind, why not?

That is very kind of you to help another in need!

Good for you! Nice to see groomers helping one another.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

It's too bad that local mobile groomers didn't offer their van for evening appointments and/or Saturday-Sunday appointments so that she doesn't fall too behind on her schedule. I lent mine out (free) over a weekend, to a local groomer who's van was down for repair...she was very appreciative and it didn't involve my schedule at all.

Happy helping when you can

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I like it! You`re a good friend!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    It's too bad that local mobile groomers didn't offer their van for evening appointments and/or Saturday-Sunday appointments so that she doesn't fall too behind on her schedule. I lent mine out (free) over a weekend, to a local groomer who's van was down for repair...she was very appreciative and it didn't involve my schedule at all.

Happy helping when you can

That's very generous of you but risky. What would you do if that groomer was in an accident and then you are out X amount of time and explaining to your insurance a "stranger" was borrowing your van.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    That's very generous of you but risky. What would you do if that groomer was in an accident and then you are out X amount of time and explaining to your insurance a "stranger" was borrowing your van.
    Tom..........you play the "what if" game too much...........these groomers weren't drunks, druggies, or accident prone, but hard working gals trying to make an honest living. Their vans were repaired in minimum amount of time and each were very appreciative, just like I would be if this happened to me. You have a fleet of vans, with people making you a good living, while most of us are working for ourselves.......so maybe we are more compassionate for each other, since we do not have 4 other vans "bring in the bacon".

Happy helping out our fellow groomers

I think if you feel it out with each person you help, you know whether the person is a real risk, and sure you can always call your insurance to make sure the situation is covered.

I think it is wonderful of you to offer this groomer a chance to still be able to groom her clients while her van is down.
    I did this a few years ago to another HB groomer who got wiped out by a tornado (I am HB also). I did morning and early afternoons and she used my salon late afternoons and evenings. Worked out great! We now sometimes "share clients".....if one can't accommodate maybe the other can. Win, win situation, IMHO.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

It worked out well the last few days, she should be outta here next Tuesday. Funny she brought in a dog I used to groom. But I know the owner is 93 and needs mobile convenience.

That is really nice to hear you did this. I wish more groomers had get togethers around here, but that's just a wish.

Nice to hear about groomers helping groomers.