Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,421

    Default house call grooming trial and a bit of ringworm!

    So I never in 15 years have seen ringworm in my salon. A customer gets a new golden doodle puppy. On his first visit with me at 16 weeks old I notice how dandruffy he is, he is missing patches of fur and it's dry and scaley looking under it. At first I thought unhealthy puppy from byb. The lady told her the missing hair is from puppies pulling it out playing. Well I had a little voice in my head saying something not right so we followed our protocol, and he was there alone, and everything was disinfected immediately. I told her to take to vet and she did. Vet gave pup clean bill. Negative for mites, ringworm etc.
    This was Dec 4. Owner notes it's getting worse so they retest. Then Jan 5 owner calls that the test results came back that it's ringworm!
    I'm so glad I was paranoid..
    Anywho they needed clipping do that the medicine can be applied to skin. And so that he's not going too long. So I did my first house call grooming! I had them bath and dry ( they were washing daily anyways). I bright all my stuff, had spray with me and plastic bag to strip off my smock, pants and shoes ( at-38 celcius! ) And I fastidious cleaned everything. Lots of work doing house call! Kinda fun though. The whole family watched me! And took a million pictures.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3783fe2acf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...206b897f20.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d16d56983c.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fa4c8999a.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fe36ba8d92.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...987a1a4c40.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9b71caf61.jpg

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Wow you really did a nice job and great service. Love the pictures. Maybe I missed the dryer in the pictures, what did you dry them with?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeedoodlepoodle View Post
    Wow you really did a nice job and great service. Love the pictures. Maybe I missed the dryer in the pictures, what did you dry them with?
    I had them wash and dry. Since they were washing daily with the vet shampoo anyways

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    We recently had a ringworm problem at a local groomer, do be paranoid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
    We recently had a ringworm problem at a local groomer, do be paranoid.
    Yeah I didn't let them come for their normal booked appointment today. They have been tested once and came back negative but I will wait for the next test in a month. I will go to their home again if needed as I can do like I did before, strip down and bleach everything.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    So I never in 15 years have seen ringworm in my salon. A customer gets a new golden doodle puppy. On his first visit with me at 16 weeks old I notice how dandruffy he is, he is missing patches of fur and it's dry and scaley looking under it. At first I thought unhealthy puppy from byb. The lady told her the missing hair is from puppies pulling it out playing. Well I had a little voice in my head saying something not right so we followed our protocol, and he was there alone, and everything was disinfected immediately. I told her to take to vet and she did. Vet gave pup clean bill. Negative for mites, ringworm etc.
    This was Dec 4. Owner notes it's getting worse so they retest. Then Jan 5 owner calls that the test results came back that it's ringworm!
    I'm so glad I was paranoid..
    Anywho they needed clipping do that the medicine can be applied to skin. And so that he's not going too long. So I did my first house call grooming! I had them bath and dry ( they were washing daily anyways). I bright all my stuff, had spray with me and plastic bag to strip off my smock, pants and shoes ( at-38 celcius! ) And I fastidious cleaned everything. Lots of work doing house call! Kinda fun though. The whole family watched me! And took a million pictures.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3783fe2acf.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...206b897f20.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d16d56983c.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fa4c8999a.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fe36ba8d92.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...987a1a4c40.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9b71caf61.jpg

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    One talented lady, I think of you as the pink lady too.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    Yeah I didn't let them come for their normal booked appointment today. They have been tested once and came back negative but I will wait for the next test in a month. I will go to their home again if needed as I can do like I did before, strip down and bleach everything.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    What happened with the 2nd test?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anything But Dull View Post
    What happened with the 2nd test?
    Finally came back negative. So they are allowed back in salon. Will be a little funny looking when I blow dry then out as I shaved them with out bathing last time. And in guard comb cause it was-30 or something crazy.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •