Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MIA...

Huh MIA...

So, on Christmas Day I lost my best buddy dog. The healthy one, the one that teaches all the other dogs and puppies how to behave, where to potty.. how not to bite. My dh and I were devastated. But the farther I get away from the whole situation, the angrier I get. It was just a rotten situation.

Then last Fri night, I happened to go to this one rescue site I never look at.. they are really weird about who they release for adoption... very weird. It's almost like a bidding war, minus the money. Anyway, I found a Petey look alike lol. I just loved the way Petey looked. He was a rocket, black (but kind of brown in the sun) with a pointer ish white blaze on his chest.

Oliver is our new pup. We were told he was timid and a bit apprehensive and could we handle that. YES.

We adopted him last Sat. Then at 2 pm, this most amazing kidney pain hit me and hit me and hit me again. And my 3:30 I was in the ER. My son came over to watch the puppy. I had a CAT scan, a bit of morphine which kind of helped but was awful at the same time. I think it made me thirsty. I drank 24 oz of water and couldn't pee. CAT scan showed nothing abnormal. I've had kidney stones before and this was 10 times more painful. They think it was a kidney stone?? But I'm thinking something's still wrong because I'm still in pain in that area and now my stomach hurts and I'm afraid to eat because everything hurts my stomach.. but it was all normal. I tried Naproxin and that gave me intestinal woes.. so I don't know what to do. The pain returned on Sun with the same vengeance, which I thought was odd, so I cut out all my supplements. I don't know.

Uh.. I don't know who evaluated him.. timid?? NO. Apprehensive?? NOOO. He's a bold little thing. Currently weighing it at just under 10 lbs.

I am tired lolol.

And today, the dog I cut his pad on, the toe pad, badly? came in today. I was apprehensive lol!! I was pretty prepared. I bought what I thought were Thundershirts on Amazon.. they are AKC.. which are okay. I would buy the Thundershirts though. But not now. I used DAP spray. I happy hoodied him. He was great for his body and most of his legs. I used the AKC Thundershirt and that seemed to help.. sort of. I still had to muzzle him and use the GH. And this dog is the weirdest size. He's too tall to use the GH with the extender, but too short to just use the GH alone. My grooming arm is fixed and goes all the way across the table to the other side, so I can't adjust it. The thundershirt small was too small , the medium a tad too big, so we made do.

So, he's muzzled and he head butts me in the nose with the muzzle, smashing my reading glasses against my nose, bruising my nose.. and my head slammed back into this shelf that I've hit my head on so many times anyway. And I got up like William Wallace and said.. "I'm WINNING!!!" Hahahaha. I had to clip his nails and he flailed about, with help from dh. I wanted to dremel them smooth but not gonna happen. Not a perfect groom, but oh well.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Do you have an appointment scheduled with your primary care doctor? If not, can you get one tomorrow?
    ER's can and do make mistakes. Even if they didn't make a mistake, they might not have thought of a possible diagnosis.
    If you don't have a primary care doctor, pick one who seems reputable and go THIS WEEK.
    I understand you are tired and that you are probably still sad about the loss of your dog, but you MUST PRIORITIZE THIS.
    Anything to do with urination can become extremely dangerous extremely fast.

Oh man, you've had quite week! I hope things turn around and are much better after all this chaos.

I'm so sorry you lost such a good dog. I hope Oliver can help fill some of the empty space that Petey left in your heart.

When it rains, it pours. Sounds like you are caught in a flood. Amazing how you retain your sense of humor.
    Agree with Emma tho-see whoever you have to in order to get a diagnosis that is correct.
    As for that dog who smashed you in the face-trying to get even? Brat.

Wow! I hope you get a thorough exam and diagnosis soon. I’m sure if you were operating at your full abilities, and not dealing with health issues, you would’ve avoided that head butt. Little stinker took total advantage of your slower reflexes! I’m happy to hear that you have a new furry love to fill the void caused by Petey’s passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    Do you have an appointment scheduled with your primary care doctor? If not, can you get one tomorrow?
    ER's can and do make mistakes. Even if they didn't make a mistake, they might not have thought of a possible diagnosis.
    If you don't have a primary care doctor, pick one who seems reputable and go THIS WEEK.
    I understand you are tired and that you are probably still sad about the loss of your dog, but you MUST PRIORITIZE THIS.
    Anything to do with urination can become extremely dangerous extremely fast.
    Tell me about it!! My insurance doctor is beyond stupid. I mean, I need to go see him one more time, then switch either to a better insurance and def a better doc. I have a lump below my knee. I'm pretty sure it's a osteochondroma, which is a benign tumor and it's early stages.. but I wanted it x-rayed. So the x-ray tech puts what's called a BB marker (tiny metal marker on the area the radiologist needs to check. The radiologist sent it all to my doctor and used the term.. "BB Marker on spot of concern." My doc calls me into his office, needs to discuss my x-rays with me. I kinda freak out. My doctor walks in and said.. "You have a BB in your knee! Someone must have shot you with a BB gun." I just looked at him. I said.. "I'm pretty sure I would have remembered being shot by a BB gun and I'm 61, I think I would have noticed it."

Oh no.. let's talk me.. not only would I remember who had shot me, I would know their address, the parents' names phone numbers addresses and would have held a grudge to this person forever and probably would have said something to them at some high school reunion hahahahahhaha. So the doc gets his ultrasound and he says.. "I can't find a BB." I said.. "Well, they used a marker to mark the spot." And he was like "OMG the radiologist said you had a BB in your knee."

So, I called the radiology place and told them what happened and the guy said.. "You've got to be kidding me? Is your doc old? Does he have alzheimer's or something?" I said no. He said.. "BB is a term we use in radiology.. it's a tiny metal marker we use over a suspect spot. I can't believe your doctor didn't know that. Maybe you should switch."

Anyway, I called and can't get in until next week.. so...as long as I'm urinating.. I'm not too worried??? He takes Wed and Fri off. I

I'm not even sure what the ER did.. they did blood work, the CAT scan and a urinalysis which came back negative.. but did they just test for bacteria? I was surprised at the CAT scan report that it didn't mention my bladder, my appendix, nor my urethra. I guess I'll make some phone calls on Mon.
    Debbie

Default I forgot one more thing..... my dog Charley

My dog Charley, in my avatar has DCM (dilated cardiomyopathy).. because of that he gets a pass on vaccinations... and he came down with KC and how fast it turned into pneumonia. Like 2 days. So, we were up at 5 am with him.. he had pooped in his crate. Which is really unusual and I think he vomited. He's had diarrhea for 2 days as well. So at 6 I told my dh, get up, get thee and the dog to the vet hence. I wrote out a list of things on a 3x5 card listing all the things.. had not washed the poop blanket, put a sample in a cup.

They took x-rays. I declined the senior panel because he has pneumonia and the abx alone are costing $250, along with Cerenia. Clavamox and Zeniquin. OMG pricey. I said did they take his temp? Forgot to write that down.. have them do it in room.

But I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor, did laundry all before I got Puppy Oliver up and taken care of.

I wonder if my stomach is from stress? Of losing my dog and lack of sleep for taking small can't hold his bladder long puppy out several times a night???

I don't drink soda nor iced tea, nor sugary drinks. Seriously I have 3, 8 oz cups of half caff coffee during the day and drink at least 48 oz of water if not more.

Ugh.. oh I can go to Urgent Care if I get bad. I love my Urgent Care place lol.
    Debbie

Goodness life has been rough on you latley! So sorry
    Would post more but trying to nurse phone battery til new phone gets here....this one won't hardly even charge anymore.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

As a note, you might want to ask about a possible ovarian cyst. I woke up one night with what I thought could either be a kidney stone or a bad appendix, and after a lot of frustrating being left hanging by a doctor that's now on my "do not schedule with" list, the second doc said it was one of those cysts... Not a fun weekend at all! Hopefully it turns out to be something that can be fixed with a minimum of fuss!

Hmm, Tabby, they never said anything about my ovaries. Maybe they have shrunk to raisins lol. I do have a fibroid on my uterus, news to me lol! But it's every time I eat now my stomach starts hurting. I'll look up ovarian cysts. Never thought about that. And apparently neither did the ER?
    Debbie

Your insurance carrier only has one doctor in your area? That's terrible!! With my "silver" plan insurance, bought on the exchange but not subsidized, I have a choice of about 100 doctors. You probably only have one doctor because all the others live within a mile of me, ha ha!
    If you haven't had your gyno exam this year, can you schedule that next week? May as well rule out gyno problems.
    Since a doctor can mean the difference between life and not life (aka DEATH), if there is one thing worth spending time on -- it is finding a doctor who seems intelligent and caring. If they care but are dumb, that's no good, and vice versa.

Daesue you are so sweet I hate to see you going through this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast