Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    OMG that is insanely sad for the groomer, and most of all the pet family. My condolences to them.
    The owners of the dog are claiming drugs. The groomer WAS NOT ARRESTED or even ticketed....SOMETHING HAPPENED but I have read three different versions of that story. One said they returned from shopping and she was still there, one said they thought it was taking too long and went to check and the other one I discounted completely because it bactracked on itself.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I am already doing a series onsafety for groomers and table use is the top priority right now for me. I had written the articles before this happened and done videos to go along with it. In my salon EVERY DOG is attached to two loops and NO ONE WORKS ALONE> There are many things that can help and fall detectors would have MAYBE prevented this from happening. YOu cn have a life alert or an app on your phone that tells if you have fallen. If you fail to respond to the messages they send someone to check on you. IMO ALL MOBILE GROOMERS Need rear loop guidelines and fall detectors. PERIOD. One or both of those would have stopped this from happening.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I see your point parti.

Wow this story has made a lot of media.

I haven't posted here before because it seemed all (including the pets owners) "assumed" it was DRUGS or DRINK that caused this. This groomer could have many health issues that could cause this, epilepsy, diabetes, etc (could be she wasn't aware of her condition, as it might be a new health problem). As Parti stated the groomer wasn't arrested (she would have been if ANY illegal drugs were found in her system when tests were done when this incident happened).
    I also agree about the work alone......I work alone, these situations can be avoided just in case something happens. The of course is JMO.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

She wasnt arrested as the reporter originally told me, however she was fired...make your own conclusion on that

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

It may have gotten the groomer off the floor earlier, but Max would of been smelling flowers over the rainbow bridge by the time help got there.

What about a break away system for the grooming loop? Parti's idea is even better, but this would have helped perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Petagreemobilespa View Post
    She wasnt arrested as the reporter originally told me, however she was fired...make your own conclusion on that

She was fired for a dead dog.....draw your on conclusions.
    Since you started this thread and it happened in your town, why don't you find out some FACTS and give us an update
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    She was fired for a dead dog.....draw your on conclusions.
    Since you started this thread and it happened in your town, why don't you find out some FACTS and give us an update
    PRECISELY~ Hse was fire because she had a dog die in her care. I would he done the same thing IF she had failed to disclose a medical condition (which she may have) or IF Her negligence caused it. I have ZERO idea what you were referring to as for the dog dying regardless. YOu have no idea how long that dog sat on the table. A fall detector would have alerted either her boss, SO or the authorities that there was an issue worthy of looking into.

A REAR LOOP would have prevented the dog from being able to get off the table PERIOD. It could have sat there for HOURS and been unable to get off....

Do I think this groomer was negligent??? You bethca! DO I think that she was on drugs??? I have no idea and NEITHER DO YOU!

I had a close call Saturday at my shop. I was putting a dog up after grooming it and had to grab the cage bank to keep from going down to the floor. THANK GOODNESS Billy was there because the door to the third tier cage was open with a small Yorkie in it. I could not do ANYTHING But stand there and hold onto both sets of cage banks until my equilibrium returned. I am still "not ok" today. I will see my doctor tomorrow but really think its just left over side effects from the flu... My point is that you never know what will happen to ANY OF US

This is an advantage of doing feline house call grooming. I don't use a loop, so even if I fainted, the worst that would happen is that the cat would run into another room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast