Default spare sets of blade parts: can they be ordered/obtained?

Hello Everyone.
    Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place. I'm a bit new around here.
    I have an Andis Ultra Edge Super 2 speed detachable blade clipper. in the course of trimming, I'm guessing I will be switching blades as they warm up or get dull. (I have 2 doodles, so there is no way I will not need to swap blades if I want to get through a job rrlatively quickly). Rather than replacing the blades from the detachable assembly, I thought it would be so much easier just to have space blade assemblies that I could simply switch to. (These assembly parts consist of: Blade Bracket, blade screws, blade guides, & tension springs). I've written to Andis but have yet to receive a reply. Did see them on eBay once, but they were selling a set of 6 which is more than I need. So.. my question is, does anyone know of a place to purchase these parts, or do I have to go through Andis?

Regards,

Stephen

It takes 1 second to detatched and slip on another blade....and you are swapping them out because they get hot.....not because they need parts replacing.
    Blades will also cool quicker if laid on a marble tile, when you swap them out.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

But to answer your question about where to obtain blade parts......Northerntails.com.

Sometimes the manufacturer but jeff at northerntails.com is a great source and for sharpening too. Expert on grooming.

Not sure why you would think it would be easier to rebuild your blade than to simply swap it out. If they get dull, get them sharpened.

Although Jeff is not the place to go for a pet owner. He clearly states all over his website that if you are a pet owner doing your own grooming, go someplace else. I find it really rather rude. He doesn't even want to sell you equipment.

I find many of the big suppliers and manufacturers rarely answer emails. CALL. Use the toll free. Shouldn't be this way, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    Not sure why you would think it would be easier to rebuild your blade than to simply swap it out. If they get dull, get them sharpened.

Although Jeff is not the place to go for a pet owner. He clearly states all over his website that if you are a pet owner doing your own grooming, go someplace else. I find it really rather rude. He doesn't even want to sell you equipment.
    Yes, forgot this info was on Jeff's website.

There is no need to buy parts. What you need is 2 or more of each blade, like 2 number 7Fs, or 3 number 10s, or 2 number 5Fs. You swap the blade, not the parts as you groom when they heat up. They do not dull that quickly if you keep them oiled and clean and not let them get hot. I go many months between sharpenings by taking care of them and I groom 5 days a week.

That's the key is taking care. I think Jeff has said that so many times. I listen to him on the radio here and read his articles, so much of what he does shows that some groomers either don't know how to care for the blades or equipment, or they are probably just too rushed with the grooms to spend time to maintain.