Confused Cat Driving a van in big winds

How strong of winds make you cancel appointments. I have driven in 50 mph winds and hated it but storm came up.

We have never canceled due to wind and we had days with 60 mph gusts. Just have to drive slower in the right lane. Our new sleek Promaster cuts through the wind fine. On the other hand, our bloated whale Pet Pro van is a brick in the wind. You have to hold on tight. That van floats back and forth in a travel lane when it's windy.

Smile 20+ mph is an unpaid day off w/ a Pet Pro

Van easily shimmies to the next lane. Took last week off during these high winds. Not worth a fender bender to wash little Fluffy. Better safe than sorry.

I have a screen saver on my Roku TV that displays the time, Temp and wind speed/direction. One look and a peek out the windows and I know whether I'm working or sleeping in.

If I took off every time we had winds of over 50 mph I'd barely work. It's a struggle to stay in the lane sometimes and I am over the height limit so can't even drive through our one valley where vehicles like mine are prohibited on nearly a daily basis. I have to go the 'back way'.

Long story short, never.

Tom good to know about the promaster cause I hear the winds in Ft Worth are fierce!

Never, and I drove my whale PetPro yesterday thru 40 mph gusts......it's white knuckle all the way, but I'm used to it. If you cancel due to 20 mph winds, your schedule must be wide open to reschedule your clients. Be careful in switching appointments, clients sometimes schedule their day according to your arrival.

Happy learning to drive on windy days

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I think it depends where you live. Here in PA I'll gets gusts that scare the heck out of me, but it hasn't stopped me from getting to appts. PA has all the mountains though that block a lot. When I lived I Wyoming years and years back, I wouldn't even like driving my car out on the highway some days cause it was so horrible. Can't imagine driving my petpro out there lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Default Winds out here tip trucks over

These Santa Ana winds are notorious and not to be underestimated. I've driven cross country and up and down the east coast numerous time, but the pet pro profile is NOT aerodyamic in the least bit. Maybe driving into or away from the winds, but have them gusts hit you sideways while you're driving and you'll have the potential of side-swiping the car next to you.
    High winds have toppled trucks numerous times out here. Better to postpone than to drive out during a lull then have slamming winds on your way home. Smelly puppies aren't worth the hassle. Not to me.

Still, I'd refer the SoCal winds to east coast snow storms anyday.

I am going to stick to 50 even 55. I actually found not getting on freeway and staying under 40 makes me feel better.

I don't even like drying our 32' RV in winds over 40. We go way slow.