Angry 6 month old Basset Hound left outside 24/7...I couldn't take it anymore!!!

We merged threads, got to next message below which includes picture. Thanks.
    Last edited by GroomerTALK Coordinator; 12-07-17 at 12:33 PM.

Angry 6 month old Basset Hound left outside 24/7...I couldn't take it anymore!!!

My neighbors across the street have a cute little Basset Hound puppy that I give biscuits to every time I see her. However, I've noticed that she's been outside all day and night, alone. This family has 5 kids, yet the dog is out all alone...forever, with NO dog house!!

My fiancee' was very upset by this, but it's still kinda warm here in SoCal so I let it go a bit. After never seeing any of the kids spend any time with her I just couldn't take it any longer and went over to explain that dogs are pack animals and NEED companionship and when outside she needs a house, not just a bed on the concrete (yep, that's all she's got). Here in SoCal, we have been getting fierce winds and still she is outside all day and night. It is December and winter comes quick some years.

'Molly' pees every time she comes to the gate to get pet and a biscuit. Just the excitement of a mere touch makes her pee. Poor puppy.

So after a few minutes and a brief demonstration on how their own dog listens to me better than them, the mother put her in the house. Hopefully she'll stay inside or she can just give the dog to me.

Let's see how long it lasts. I told them I'd take the dog if they dont want it. Some people don't deserve pets.

FIVE kids and the puppy is outside all alone...forever. Just criminal.Molly.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately, the first time she pees in the house, you will probably find her outside again. I would offer a little $$ to buy her.

Happy getting her soon

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Shaking my head!!! Why, Why Why did they get a dog? I have a customer (20 something woman) with a YORKIE who had to move back home with parents because she "got pregnant". They will not let her dog live inside. She brings him to me 3 times a year for a complete peel down. He was here last week and she said she was soon getting her own place. It is reprehensible ........she "just can't part with him". It is not all about you, sister, what about your dog's best interest!

If the dog is left alone with no shelter 24/7 and just a bed on concrete that does constitute neglect in the state of California

https://www.shouselaw.com/animal-abuse.html

"Penal Code 597 PC prohibits

maliciously, intentionally, or cruelly maiming (that is, disabling or disfiguring),
    mutilating,
    torturing (that is, inflicting unnecessary and/or unjustifiable pain or suffering), or
    wounding a living animal,
    maliciously, intentionally, or cruelly killing an animal,
    ***depriving an animal of necessary food, drink, or shelter*** (or failing to protect an animal from severe weather conditions), and/or
    riding, driving, overworking, or otherwise using the animal when it is unfit for labor."

IMO, you should file a report ASAP and explain the steps you've taken, you can report anonymously.

My guess is that as soon as that puppy has an accident inside she'll be right back outside.

Default Bought a doghouse for $10 from OfferUp app

Took it home, scrubbed it up. Put in a double layer of carpet, some heavy screen in front and gave it to them. Hope it helps, but at least I feel better. They should feel ashamed, and no...they didn't want to give the dog away. I asked.dh1.JPGdh2.JPG

I hope the dog is doing better.