Beaming What skills and experience should I put on my resume?

I am suffering to make a good resume . I don't know what is good or bad to share.
    I want a simple grooming job or even a bather job. I moved here from other Country and I miss grooming dogs. I don't want be a manager or been in a higher position. I just want be part of good team. My problem is: I have almost 20 years experience. I was a manager and trained assistant stylists and stylists . But it seems to be weird when I give my resume out or apply for a job and I share the real informations . I feel like they think that position is not for me and why I am there ?! Would it better if I leave the training and manager stuff out?
    I loved my job and position but its not important to me to share. But I have to make some kinds of a resume and hand it to them.
    Other problem is: They ask how much salary I want to get?! I don't know how much the bathers or stylists make here. In the Uk or in Hungary is totally different.
    How much salary should I ask hourly as a bather or groomer?
    And what about the commission ? How much percent should they pay?
    I live in NC

How long is your resume ? If its more than 2-3 pages people loose interest. Is it hand written or typed and printed? Is the grammar and spelling correct ?
    In a previous place I worked , we used to get a lot of applicants so to sift through them , we would look for things like poor grammar and bad spellings, illegible hand writing, reasoning that if they don't pay attention to small details on paper they won't pay attention to details on a pet.

The way I do mine is :
    Name
    Contact details including email and address ( perspective employers like to know how close or far away you live)

A brief "about me " that's a paragraph or 2 long that includes how long you've been grooming the various position you've held, what key skills you have( include things like honesty, hard working ,a willingness to keep learning good communication) and what your looking for now

Education/ qualifications

And then the most recent positions held along with the duties you did even the most basic , use your common sense duties like cleaning.
    At the end I like to put references on request , mostly because I don't like handing out other peoples details.

Don't be afraid of putting down your managerial positions and that your trained others.
    If your applying for a bath position with 20 yes experience that may be what's causing people to think why are you only applying for a bathers position when you could be a stylist.

When handing it out , don't post or email it , but hand it in , in person, so they can put a face to the resume, but go in when its quiet so they don't feel like your interrupting. And maybe include so pictures or a way for the employer to view some of your grooms .

It sounds tedious but its what I did and it worked.

Forgot to add : if you can hand scissor well and can hand strip be sure to add those on too ! They are valued skills to have !

As for pay I've no idea. Some one else maybe able to chime in on that

Thank you for your valuable advice. I am Hungarian and my English is not the best yet. Not too bad but some people may think I have poor communication and I am dummy. I never had a problem with this in England and even got a manager job over there but I still improving my English skills .
    I came here to the US and I really miss groom dogs and I have hard time with the American accent too this is why I don't mind to work first as a bather or helper even with 20 years experience . Thank you once again for your help :-)

Your English is very good , don't give up ! You will find something !
    As for accents , I struggle still with some of the English accents especially the strong Salford and Bolton ones and then there's a bizzare mix of the 2 , and I'm English , some sound like they are mumbling! I simply ask the client to slow down as I have bad hearing( which is true ... I suffered from horrible ear infections as a child which has left me partially deaf in my left ear )

I have just thought , if you interview and they say sorry your not what we are looking , ask them why so that you can improve and tell them that , and say something along the lines of " thank you for your time , can I ask why I'm not right for the position so that I can learn and improve " otherwise you'll never know why they keep saying no.

Good job Marshmellow with your answers and thought. I am always especially interested in scissoring skills and any breeds they might specialize in.