Default Spray for texture

Hi!

I've been told by a norvegian cat breeder to use a texture spray on my cats (siberians i Show) to bring back their natural coat texture after bath ? which would you recommend ?
    Showing siberians isn't easy, I've been often told cats are too clean when i bath 3/4 days before show, if I bath 1 week before males get greasy, so it ain't easy and this spray could make it way easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Hi!

I've been told by a norvegian cat breeder to use a texture spray on my cats (siberians i Show) to bring back their natural coat texture after bath ? which would you recommend ?
    Showing siberians isn't easy, I've been often told cats are too clean when i bath 3/4 days before show, if I bath 1 week before males get greasy, so it ain't easy and this spray could make it way easier!
    NOOOOOO.. Noooooooo Frenchie... sorry but she is steering you wrong. I currently have one show Sib.. and noooooo lol. Okay, here's what I do. It's the ONLY time I use Chubbs bars of soap lol. Week before, degrease with two baths using Chubbs bars. Rinse for 5 min. Nothing else. No spray, no texture nothing. Sibs are triple coated, NFC's are not. Towel dry for 5 min.. or at least wrap well and hold for 5 min. Then I set mine in a wire cage with 2 box fans and a stand dryer going to keep somewhat warm. After 40 min I take out and hv dry. Brush then comb. THEN the day or two before the show, I bathe again and do the same thing. That's what I do.

Now my friend and breeder uses Goop, shampoo and a bit of Dawn and she bathes the same.. week before then day or two before. And by the way.. my cat beat my friend/breeder's cats last time I showed her lol. My cat looked AWESOME lol (my cat is my breeder's breeding.. so her cat still lol). Sometimes my friend/breeder hasn't even bathed and she wins too. But before you take them to the ring, take you comb out and fluff up. That's what we do. I fluff the ruff up towards the face.. fluff tail with my hand.

I have a very old, red Les Pooch brush.. not the dematting one.. it's totally different.. but you might want to try the yellow one the week before. Who is telling you your cats are too clean??? I'm telling you, you probably have stunning cats. One show, we noticed a new Sib breeder had trimmed the tops of her cats ears. And we were like why? And she said another Siberian breeder told her to. SMH. The other Sib breeder did not want the new breeder to win, so she basically did a little sabotaging. I see you are in France..sorry.. what do you have access to for shampooing or bathing? Can you get some Chubbs? And do you have a high velocity dryer?

Hope this helps!! Go win!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

A couple of judges told me too clean in Fife federation, for Tica they are not clean enough if not bathed day before, but I don’t show tica anymore.
    I use degreaser from animasoinbio on body, les pooch on stud tail, and animasoinbio’s wire hair shampoo for 2nd shampoo. I also love Special one and ISB.
    One week ago is fine I think, last show (fife) both judges told me grooming was fine, my girl won bis!
    I tried a texture spray I have for dogs, hair seems to not be any different so I think it’s useless.
    The day after bath, hair seems a bit flat, what shampoo do you use ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I have standing dryer and highV dryer.
    I can get chubbs bars (honestly I want to try these since a long time!)
    For brands of shampoo, I can get what’s on christies direct

A couple of judges told me too clean in Fife federation, for Tica they are not clean enough if not bathed day before, but I don’t show tica anymore.
    I use degreaser from animasoinbio on body, les pooch on stud tail, and animasoinbio’s wire hair shampoo for 2nd shampoo. I also love Special one and ISB.
    One week ago is fine I think, last show (fife) both judges told me grooming was fine, my girl won bis!
    I tried a texture spray I have for dogs, hair seems to not be any different so I think it’s useless.

I don't show cats, but I've used baking soda (arm and hammer full strength) followed by a verrrrry long warm water rinse on stud tail and cats that have greasy backs. Tremendous degreaser, eco-friendly, safe, inexpensive, the works. Just rinse like hell.
    (FWIW, baking soda is a great addition to human shampoo too to strip the hair of all excess oils, product, etc.! I do a baking soda rinse on my own hair once or twice a month.)

Frenchi is your water soft?? I remember reading about the American Grooming team going somewhere overseas and the water was super soft compared to our water so they ended up using lemon juice, diluted, to crisp up the hair. Just something to think about?? When I'm going to show a cat, I just bathe in Chubbs... that's it. I bathe the week before, then 2 days before so it gives some time for the cat to do some self bathing and for some reason it helps give the coat a way to recover? Does that make sense? If Fife is telling you they are too clean.. I think I know what they are looking for.. then I think a week before is fine. My water is very hard, but there are some places that have naturally soft water.
    Debbie

Fife likes dirty cats??? OMG!!

I use Chubbs as my main shampoo, I am also a distributor and sell to CFA judges as well as exhibitors. I personally show Exotics and also a HHP. I had one judge state during a final that some of the pedigreed exhibitors could learn something from the grooming on my HHP! Last season, I groomed a Maine Coon to National 3rd Best Cat in Premiership in CFA, using Chubbs, Equyss Premier Conditioner, then Chubbs again, then #1 All Systems Crisp Coat. There were many comments from judges about the excellent grooming during his career. Hardness/Softness of water can make a difference, but mainly in how well your shampoo will suds up and rinse off. I installed a water softener because my shop's water is fairly hard. I use much less shampoo and get a better suds up and easier rinse since installing it. My routine client cat grooming regimen is two Chubbs shampoos and then a Hypo shampoo from Groomer Edge called Hypo Plus. When I had hard water, I noticed that using Chubbs by itself did not seem to clean as well without using the Hypo Plus as the final shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocats View Post
    Fife likes dirty cats??? OMG!!

I use Chubbs as my main shampoo, I am also a distributor and sell to CFA judges as well as exhibitors. I personally show Exotics and also a HHP. I had one judge state during a final that some of the pedigreed exhibitors could learn something from the grooming on my HHP! Last season, I groomed a Maine Coon to National 3rd Best Cat in Premiership in CFA, using Chubbs, Equyss Premier Conditioner, then Chubbs again, then #1 All Systems Crisp Coat. There were many comments from judges about the excellent grooming during his career. Hardness/Softness of water can make a difference, but mainly in how well your shampoo will suds up and rinse off. I installed a water softener because my shop's water is fairly hard. I use much less shampoo and get a better suds up and easier rinse since installing it. My routine client cat grooming regimen is two Chubbs shampoos and then a Hypo shampoo from Groomer Edge called Hypo Plus. When I had hard water, I noticed that using Chubbs by itself did not seem to clean as well without using the Hypo Plus as the final shampoo.
    LOL... well they don't like dirty cats, but I know exactly the look, for Siberians, they are looking for. They want a bit of separation to the coat. That's why a bath the week before the show would be acceptable. It's soo interesting what judges like, what countries like as far as breeds look. There's even a huge difference between what the western US judges compared to what the eastern US judges.
    Debbie

9. Default

I have a siberian one. I I fully agree showing them worst hell ever!! I think there are many produtcs out there.