Default Insurance is too expensive

So I got a quote from Governor which is $5970 a year. Also from Hartford $750 a year.
    General liabilities covers about the same (million), Governor covers Animal floater ($2,500/Per Animal $10,000/Per Occurrence), Pet professional liability (million) which Hartford didn't mention about those.
    I understand that you get what you pay for but do you guys pays 6grans for Insurance?
    Should I get affordable one (Hartford) and save money for any accident might occur in the future?
    As a biz starter, I am not sure I can pay $500 monthly just for insurance.
    Please help me.

I pay 2000 per van per year with full pet coverage, then another 1500 for my warehouse where we park vans overnight. You don't "need" pet insurance, just vehicle insurance. The couple times clients blamed us for a grooming incident we paid out of pocket cause it was minor. But we did have a new client set us up by saying his dog needed knee surgery after our groom, Our insurance got the vet records and denied the claim due to a pre-existing injury that the owner did not want to pay himself and thought he could pass it off on a groomer. So there are advantages to pet liability.

Holy Carp no! Where are you located that insurance costs that much?

When I left Hartford I want to say it was about 1700 a year and another 550 for my liability.

Now I pay just under 1100 with Mercury and still have my liability with Governors/Hartford.

Curious, is your credit score low cause they factor that along with an internal insurance credit score based on claims and risk factor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I know friends that live and house their car in high risk areas that pay 3 times what I pay, and 20 miles away it is half. Are you in something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    Holy Carp no! Where are you located that insurance costs that much?

When I left Hartford I want to say it was about 1700 a year and another 550 for my liability.

Now I pay just under 1100 with Mercury and still have my liability with Governors/Hartford.

Northern Florida. My towing vehicle is 2015 and trailer is brand new.
    Since Governor quote that high I am kind of wonder why Hartford is so cheap (relatively).

My credit is above 750. And I have a clean driving record.

Northern Florida. Florida auto insurance is expensive, I know. But 6 grans kinda absurd to me.

I would not accept that rate. Look elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TootsiePie View Post
    I know friends that live and house their car in high risk areas that pay 3 times what I pay, and 20 miles away it is half. Are you in something like that?
    That's kind of what I was thinking. When I moved 5 years ago my rates when up for my car insurance because I moved to a more densely populated area thus a higher risk factor.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I learned the zip code effect on auto insurance some years ago. I moved to LA for 2 years to attend some special university training. My personal car, an Accord, with a clean record was $2,400 year for my LA address. Had I moved just ONE block down the street into Glendale my same policy would have been $800 year.

I got a rough estimate for my future mobile from Governors and Pet Care Insurance, and Gov's is half what OP is facing.