Default Well Im still looking no luck as of yet

Hi this is Ron and as of yet no luck finding a shop that will let me in entry. I have had two but so odd the only two were fifty to sixty miles and in Phoenix that translates to two hours each way in rush hour traffic and a lot of gas just not worth it.
    Its just funny that I cant find any remotely close to me even. I am pushing on still looking and trying.

Ron

Hang in there.....you will find one closer.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

What were the responses from the ones who turned you down? Maybe we can assist with refining your approach. Everyone can brbefitvfrim some honest critique and coaching

Have you started doing house call grooming yet? It's depressing to be waiting on others to get started working. I found it empowering to just get up and get going'!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwantstogroom View Post
    Hi this is Ron and as of yet no luck finding a shop that will let me in entry. I have had two but so odd the only two were fifty to sixty miles and in Phoenix that translates to two hours each way in rush hour traffic and a lot of gas just not worth it.
    Its just funny that I cant find any remotely close to me even. I am pushing on still looking and trying.

Ron
    I have worked at salons where I have had to commute over an hour and pay tolls to boot. I currently work with a groomer that commutes 1.5 hours to work so a total of 3 hrs driving all together. It stinks, but I say take the commute for now but keep a look out for a closer option in the meantime.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

If it comes out to be a wash financially for you, you're still ahead by not PAYING to learn this valuable trade. Grab it and move on after a year or two. The school here before it closed cost over 13k! Best of luck Ron. Teaching someone is ALOT of effort on a shop owner/groomer's part. Remember who is doing who the favor. I'm sure with a little experience another door nearby will open.

I'm training my brother now, I'd jump at the opportunity if someone older came and showed interest in learning, but they'd need to understand other than bathing, nail clips and minor brush outs, they truly are not helping, they are more work than help. My brother gets it. I pay him to bathe, but heck to the no while I'm watching over him grooming. It's LOTS of work for me!

Actually my brother is going to build out either a trailer or a vehicle so we can add mobile to my shop in a year or two once he is up to speed. That is how he is paying for the education I'm giving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt99 View Post
    Actually my brother is going to build out either a trailer or a vehicle so we can add mobile to my shop in a year or two once he is up to speed. That is how he is paying for the education I'm giving him.
    That is awesome!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.