Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Agree Second shop almost ready to open

We have been working had with our plan and sped things up and soon we will open our 2nd location. I am going to work 2 days in the new location and 4 days at the founding location. We've got access now to all the client records from either location which is going to be so important. I know many shops with multiple locations that don't do that. Some of our regulars are booking the new location, it is more convenient and my main groomer at the original location is so excited to work closer to home at the 2nd location. Wish me luck!

We opened and my first groomer is almost booked daily in less than a month. Of course some of our clients from our original spa go there now because it is closer. But the groomer lives nearby and so we didn't really increase our costs other than overhead. Our next step is get her a bather and only finish. We are starting to get calls, the place is right on a main road. So we are doing better than projected in our plan and tracking weekly. I have another new groomer ready to come aboard later when enough demand, may start her as a bather if she wants while we build. It's a lot less commute for her too.

Just wanted to say I admire your efforts and focus.

Good for you, I had 2 shops at one time until we moved and went back to one. It made sense then because our area was spread out and lightly populated. Now one shop reaches out as we are on a commute route and people that live 20 miles away still come by the shop every work day.

How is the 2nd location doing?

bump

Thanks for asking. I have to catch up here. We have been very busy at the 2nd shop. About 10% of the original clientele is going there now, it's closer to them. Lots more homes being built there so the future looks great. We have gotten about 140 new customers since last November which is keeping the one groomer there busy, good repeats. About 60% of them signed up for our appointment program. We are syncing our computers so we have the customers info at either should they choose to go to the other shop or original. That's proving to be very important. OK I got lots to read tonight. You are all very sweet and helpful.

I am pleased it is working out for you. I often think of doing a 2nd location.

Makes me tired just reading about a second location. Yikes. I admire you.

I've been thinking about a second location, thanks for sharing. I think the key is having a well trained system and hiring right.

Yes absolute. Everyone starts by working at the original shop so they know everybody and it runs perfect. The 2nd location is almost full now just 3 months later. That is unless we add another groomer which I would like to so if one is out we have another. We keep 2 bathers and 1 groomer quite busy. The systems are synced now so that really helped. We are seeing a few hundred more homes being built and there are sign of acres and acres more coming in a year or two maybe. They are leveling the land and signs up saying new developments coming. So that was key for the 2nd shop and that strategy is working.

Update. Our 2nd location is no at close to 90% full. It has been tremendous opening in the right location. I work there now 2 days a week, and 3 days a week at the original shop. Most of the clientele that wanted to transition to the new location for convenience have had a chance to do. That's important if you ever do a second location. It really is only about 10% more stressful than running one location if you have a good staff groomer that I pay a little and manages and I have a very well trained reception person 8 hours a day. Hope all is well with everyone here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast