Default who uses any 5 in 1 clippers instead of shorter blades all together

Hi I just wondered who uses only the 5 in 1 clippers with that adjustable blade in place of all the shorter blades?
    When I had my equipment before I had to sell it I had a pulse ion and forty buck or so for a blade and it did not seem to stay sharp all that long and I heard the are hard to sharpen.
    So guess wondering do any of you only use that and don't have the other blades and is it cost efficient to have to replace those costly blades over owning all the shorter blades and getting them sharpened.

Also if you use the 5 in 1 what model do you all prefer and can you tell me why you prefer that model.

Thank you
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ronwantstogroom View Post
    Hi I just wondered who uses only the 5 in 1 clippers with that adjustable blade in place of all the shorter blades?
    When I had my equipment before I had to sell it I had a pulse ion and forty buck or so for a blade and it did not seem to stay sharp all that long and I heard the are hard to sharpen.
    So guess wondering do any of you only use that and don't have the other blades and is it cost efficient to have to replace those costly blades over owning all the shorter blades and getting them sharpened.

Also if you use the 5 in 1 what model do you all prefer and can you tell me why you prefer that model.

Thank you
    Ron
    Its really all I use unless its a 7f blade. All the way to an E comb. The blades can be refurbished. My blog(link in my signature) has an article in it
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    Its really all I use unless its a 7f blade. All the way to an E comb. The blades can be refurbished. My blog(link in my signature) has an article in it
    Me, too!

To compare prices, you can go online to groomer supply sites like Cherrybrook and PetEdge.
    Prices and capability have changed over the years. For example, lithium now used in some clippers, so can go without re-charging for longer.
    Also, the way you use it may affect durability. When I was a new groomer (cats only), I was harder on tools than I am now. Now I take very good care of my tools, don't drop them, etc.

Ditto for me

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckie View Post
    Me, too!
    Me three! LOL
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Me too! Key to having them last longer is only use them on clean dogs.

I use them a lot and exactly, use them on clean coats. We have Jeff at Northern refurbish ours.