Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shock Cat What would you say?

I answer the phone. First thing they say, "I am looking for the very best groomer in town. Are you the best?"

I will share what I said but I was moving like lightning and it did catch me by surprise.

"I'm not the worst, my many long time and happy clients would say more than the same." awkward pause. "Feel free to stop in for a tour and to take a gander at my portfolio"

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    I answer the phone. First thing they say, "I am looking for the very best groomer in town. Are you the best?"

I will share what I said but I was moving like lightning and it did catch me by surprise.
    I would have said "the clients who have been with me from day one would say so" and leave it at that. I would probably hang up the phone secretly wondering if this would be a difficult-to-please type customer. Anxious to hear what happened, Brit!

"My clients think so".
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I would say "it's not for me to decide, but my customers keep me booked 4-6 weeks out, if that tells you anything " :-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I don't believe I'm the best, I think everyone has room to improve. What specifically are you looking for ?"

I would have have said I'm the worst and hung up. You are asking for trouble with these clients. They are never satisfied and trolling for a discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'd probably be at a loss for words, but in an ideal world, I'd ask, "When you say best, are you looking for a groomer who is best at grooming a specific breed or dog personality? What are your needs more specifically?"
    It's like asking if someone is the best doctor. The best doctor for a healthy person might not be the best doctor for a very sick person. A client with a rambunctious, nippy dog might do best with a groomer who is comfortable with that type of dog, even if that groomers isn't as skilled at beautiful grooming.

I'd say yes, but I'm not taking new clients. I would 't even qualify it.

I would say I'm a certified master groomer, but whether I'm the best is open to interpretation.

I would say something like cockerlvr for sure if I was certified. If not, I am a professional groomer with ________ years experience. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    I would have have said I'm the worst and hung up. You are asking for trouble with these clients. They are never satisfied and trolling for a discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    That's kind of what I wonder. My concern with these types is asking for the best usually means "I've gotten PO'ed at 8 other groomers in town because (insert ridiculous reason)." Then again, it may be someone who fancies themselves a comedian and this is just their way.
    It's strange. It seems like since we stopped taking new customers the phone has rang off the hook with new customer inquiries. I've taken a few (small breed puppies that haven't been groomed so I can start them my way!), but we have such an excellent referral of a salon that has several kind and talented groomers, I feel very good sending them there...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast