Waah Dyed the wrong dog

A shop in town, not me or us. A new customer came in with a blue bichonpoo but it had grown out about 1/2 inch. The thing is she never asked her dog to be dyed and another bichon was supposed to. Can you imagine coming back and your dog is blue! They apologized and said they would groom the dog free until it grew out, but I guess that was the last time they will see her. We did a short bichon style along the body but the teddy face is going to take awhile.

I'd be seeing red not blue after that. Can understand the client not going back. While accidents can always happen it's almost inconceivable that a shop wouldn't triple check to see which dog is which. It sends an extreme message of total carelessness and laxness of awareness.
    (It drives me crazy when my own people refer to a dog by the wrong gender - even after a full exam or a bath!!! How can you not pay attention?!?!?!).

Glad you have a new client though. Good luck with the pup growing out

OMG! How does that even happen!? I can imagine a person being LIVID over that. Especially full body color! What if they had a reaction? No skin test being done.. poor groomer and poor owner. They will get a lot of flack from other people over it too. Maybe you should just start a joke about him being a " little blue in the face" so You got him this treat ( wrapped bone) haha.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wow but I know a place this happened too and she was sued in small claims court.

Well that was a big Oops wasn't it!? I think we all make mistakes at some point. Not quite sure how this one happened though. I'm sure that salon has made some policy changes since.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by coldnose View Post
    Wow but I know a place this happened too and she was sued in small claims court.
    For what? What damages was the owner trying to recoup???
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    For what? What damages was the owner trying to recoup???
    Psychological damage-pain and suffering. Can't imagine the trauma that could cause some owners. Imagine the shock of going in to pick up your fluffy white pet and seeing it BLUE!!!? OMG!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Hi Parti, I don't have all the details. But there was two or three hundred dollars in vet fees. The owner had the vet write a letter based on his opinion of the dye that was used. He also ran a blood panel of some sort, and charged her by the hour for his opinion in writing. She also recouped something of her cost with an attorney.

Vet bills i get. Thise shoukd have been covered by the shop. It was, IMO, stupid to not do so, even if it wasnt needed. She didny need s lawyer for small claims court and most times they arent allowed.

Honestly this is where malpractice coverage comes into play through insurance. They would have handled it.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I think she probably called her attorney in general and got billed for it who told her to go to small claims court. I have gone and always glad I talked to my attorney first to see how to handle it and what to bring etc.

I've seen dogs given entirely the wrong trim like a lamb instead of T&C, something more easily correctable. To come back to a dyed dog, I mean really, stop and imagine the face of the owner coming back to a situation like that. I mean a really OMG face like out of a sitcom. I can understand some really abrupt shock and comments and rants.

Good grief!

How do you mess that up so terribly, I mean seriously. Like muddypaws said, I've seen mix-ups like the wrong trim on a dog but never anything like this.