Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hahaha, the square head wasn't intentional, i was having a hard time making it round using my straight scissors, but then i got my self a curve shear and also thinning shear and it makes life much easier.
    Yes, i saw at youtube that its so easy to change blade on the powergrip, and that the round shape will reduce the amount of hair build up. I'm so excited, can't wait till it arrive and try it.

The clipper arrived yesterday and i've tried it. The first thing that pops in my mind is how heavy it is, even the blade only is so heavy. and its quite big. I can see why groomers are having wrist problems, my cheap pet clipper weight like a feather compare to this one (i wonder if bravura is smaller and lighter). I had some hard time adjusting to the weight thus make me a bit clumsy maneuvering the clipper. but i have to admit it cuts so smoothly that the end result leaving the hair so fluffy! I love it. and that its so sharp i dont have to go over too much. and i love the 4F, i can use that for the head perfectly round, so minimal scissoring is needed (only for the muzzle). Maybe the bravura is nicer for medium to small dogs like shih tzus, i think it might probably do a full body. But is the bravura able to use blade other than the 5in1, because i think blade is leaving tidier cut than using combs for drop hair dogs.

I think you just need to get used to the new clipper as it IS going to be heavier than cheap pet clippers.
    Yes, the bravaura would be lighter weight but the 5 in 1 blade is the only blade that fits it and you would have to use attachment combs with it. It will clip the whole dog ( many here use it for that, I do at times).
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Yes, i will need some time to adjust to the weight, overall the result is great and i love how it makes the hair feels so smooth.
    Its too bad that the bravura only use 5in1, if its able to use blades like 7F and 4F it would be perfect for grooming small dogs.
    The powergrip i have seems to be great on clipping big dog, its bigger than some of my dog's head lol.
    Combs seems to be great on fluffy hair like poodle or bichon, but on drop coat it seems a bit hard to make it even on certain area like the head and legs, don't you think? or is it just me?

I prefer combs on drop coats, legs get scissor work using blades or combs. Heads always get combs in my salon (scissor work as well).
    It just takes lots of practice and you might watch Particentrals videos on TB heads with combs.
    You will do fine on your fur kids. Just play and have fun.....hair grows back.
    Last edited by Cyn; 10-13-17 at 09:50 AM.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2