Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rings

ever seen a degloved finger????? Rings are dangerous when in a business where they can be caught under a nail and then the finger gets damaged......
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I have not worn my wedding ring to work in many years. It is tucked safely in my jewelry box. I have had them for nearly 30 years. Heck, the permanent imprint on my finger from the ring is almost ring enough. My issue was that I was getting little painful embedded hairs under my ring, right in between my fingers.

And lol I can believe there is at least one groomer out there who still does not wear rubber gloves to bathe dogs. Me. It's me. *raises perfectly smooth hand*

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Clips View Post
    I have not worn my wedding ring to work in many years. It is tucked safely in my jewelry box. I have had them for nearly 30 years. Heck, the permanent imprint on my finger from the ring is almost ring enough. My issue was that I was getting little painful embedded hairs under my ring, right in between my fingers.

And lol I can believe there is at least one groomer out there who still does not wear rubber gloves to bathe dogs. Me. It's me. *raises perfectly smooth hand*
    Make that 2......I don't wear gloves EVER, lol. I also have perfectly smooth soft hands, Dolly.....good pet shampoo will do that.
    Last edited by Cyn; 08-12-17 at 01:23 PM.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Totally clips I don't wear gloves either, I cannot stand wearing rubber gloves even for washing my pots and dishes at home and my hands are just fine. I don't know what it is but I just absolutely detest it.

I wear my engagement ring and my substitute wedding ring and I don't have any issues. While my rings didn't cost me thousands but I am very attached to them and I feel very underdressed with out them and like I'm missing so etching important. I hated not having them when the were being cleaned and replated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Make that 2......I don't wear gloves EVER, lol. I also have perfectly smooth soft hands, Dolly.....good pet shampoo will do that.
    I'm super allergic to shampoos, hand soaps, some bar soaps, human shampoos, conditioners. I just had chemical allergy testing.. so other than a plain bar of soap and my hands are a mess . On the bright side.. I am NOT allergic to black rubber lol. So if I'm run over by a tire, at least I won't get a rash????
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Particentral View Post
    ever seen a degloved finger????? Rings are dangerous when in a business where they can be caught under a nail and then the finger gets damaged......
    Yikes! How often does that happen? I think my ring would break the dog's nail first. I did catch my ring on the strike plate, of a door, once. Bent my ring, numbed my finger. But I really can't get mine off!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    I'm super allergic to shampoos, hand soaps, some bar soaps, human shampoos, conditioners. I just had chemical allergy testing.. so other than a plain bar of soap and my hands are a mess . On the bright side.. I am NOT allergic to black rubber lol. So if I'm run over by a tire, at least I won't get a rash????
    Lol, might get some road rash.
    Well yes, if soaps irritated ones hands I can certainly see using gloves.
    Being a farm girl as well as groomer I don't wear my rings due to the reasons Parti stated......I like my fingers. Deb, for real go get that ring cut off and resized....that is dangerous.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Congratulations on your engagement!

I've been wearing my engagement ring for the last 7 years with out any issues.but then mine is a small solitaire ( I chose it with my hubby and tried on about 50 rings in different sizes settings and styles and fell in love with the one I have , its pretty, dainty, elegant and it suits my hand)
    I did have to get it resized along with my wedding ring.

My wedding ring is a channel set half eternity and its gorgeous, again I had no issues with it in grooming. It was when I was gardening ( well pulling up weeds) that I lost one of the stones, so I just have a silver band until I can afford to get it fixed.

If you are that worried have you considered getting a replica made (depending on the metals used, it could be silver or gold plated silver and instead of diamonds / coloured gems it could cubic zirconia ) and leave the real one at home. I was going to do this but I just haven't the time nor the money to do it
    Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm definitely gonna look into the necklace idea. I'm allergic to latex and even the "non latex" gloves make me itchy and I always end up ripping them anyways. So I think the necklace idea is going to be best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't wear rings anymore except for going out to party. Have a lot from my previous life and even my marriage. I don't wear the wedding rings at all since I'm divorced ( different tale - happy ending).
    BUT I do wear the FU diamond and a gold nugget given to me from my best and dearest friend for the last 40 years now. Necklaces are the best way to go. It's always near ou, you can share it with people who want to share your happiness on the engagement, and there is far less fear of having it get caught on something or lost down a drain.

As for gloves, I can't stand to wear them. I despise the lack of feeling even using surgical grade gloves. I use a good quality shampoo and conditioner and use a moisturizer as needed and haven't had any issues. But I'm a tough old broad and have never have the delicate skin of my sister - or most others, comes from rock climbing, and riding, and skiing I guess.

Yikes! How often does that happen? I think my ring would break the dog's nail first. I did catch my ring on the strike plate, of a door, once. Bent my ring, numbed my finger. But I really can't get mine off!
    I know of several cases. My ring is titanium. It doesnt bend or give. I wear it but I take it iff doing crazy dogs or even large breeds.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

My gorgeous wedding ring stays at home....I can't stand having wet hands with rings on my fingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too do not wear gloves, unless I am working on a dog with some funky skin issue going on. I also NEVER have taken of my rings. Mind you all my rings are surgical steel or sterling silver bands. The only fancy ring i have does have a synthetic opal in it but in the almost 10 years i have had it on besides the band being bent a bit it's fine. If I ever do get a nice ring from the old man (not holding my breath on that one) I probably wouldn't wear it to work.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2