Default Cat groomer paradox. Don't use words clean, bathe or groom?

There are some people who work with animals in a professional capacity -- vets, shelter managers, etc. -- who express anger about bathing cats. They believe all cats successfully self-clean, so anyone profiting off cat grooming is a scammer, like someone selling non-existent real estate. These professionals share their views with other people.
    I'm wondering if one solution for my house call cat grooming service is to avoid using the words "clean" or "groom" re: cats. Those are loaded words, it seems.
    Perhaps only use words that are very specific?
    Remove dandruff. Remove excess oil. Brush out shed fur stuck in coat.
    I'm trying to figure out how to avoid triggering anger or suspicion. I suspect the anger/suspicion has a big impact on the number of potential clients.

Are there really vets who think cats self clean? Because in my 16 years as a vet tech we had to do multiple cat shave downs a year.

I wouldn't avoid using the words groom and clean, but adding the others is a great idea.

I remember being one of those people. I had a groomer that bathed her cat, and I just couldn't understand it. Until I got my first purebred cat. At one point she had a little skin problem and needed bathes, and the world of a really clean cat opened up to me! I bathed her the rest of her life and all my other cats after her.
    There is just nothing like the feel of a clean cat!

There seem to be two types of people...those that leave their cat for a week with food and a litter box....and those that pay the money to board them...and have them groomed.

I think it's hard to change the minds of the former...and the later might just need a small push.
    While I don't normally suggest a discount of services, perhaps a discounted first groom would help. That's what it took for me. Just feeling the difference for the first time.

I would still use the words "bath" and "groom" and then add the benefits of that.
    Don't get discouraged. You cat groomers ARE making a difference. One cat owner at a time!

I'm trying to think of how you could educate them. I use those words all the time. Sure people ask me "don't cats bathe themselves?" Well.. yes and no. It all depends. Depends on their age, their teeth. Yup, teeth.

So, I had this purebred Siberian. All breeds can have teeth and gum issues, but she had stomatitis and FORLS. And it's quite painful, you know. Add to that she didn't have her front teeth. Well.. her bottom teeth never erupted, and who knows where her upper teeth went. Well, cats use their front teeth mainly for grooming and digging out things.. and when they have a painful mouth, or no teeth.. how do they groom? They don't just groom with their tongues and those naysayers, especially vets should know better!!!

Now, say you have an older cat that doesn't feel well.. well, the last thing they usually want to do is give themselves a thorough bath. So, I would work on educating. Yes.. cats need baths.. bullet points, reasons why.

Or you could say.." We lustrate the coat, leaving it clear of dirt and debris that the teeth and tongue often miss!"

I'm kind of giggling at the word "lustrate".
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I love the word "lustrate"! Sounds silky

Refine, cleanse, clarify, suffuse, elutriate, ,and groom (and love lustrate!) are all acceptable imho.

I am thinking about using the suggested words in a postcard mailing I send to local veterinarians, shelters and pet stores. Thank you very much.