Tech Cat Comparing degreasers with a home test

For fun, I did a test comparison of 3 degreasers. It's not truly scientific, because for a scientific test, I would have needed to use exactly the same amount of each product. I would have had to measure the results more specifically. So don't read too much into this. Still, I think the results are interesting.
    All 3 products did a very good job. Here's the link if you're interested.

https://lscatgrooming.com/2017/08/

Humm.....
    Love you biz name by the way!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post
    For fun, I did a test comparison of 3 degreasers. It's not truly scientific, because for a scientific test, I would have needed to use exactly the same amount of each product. I would have had to measure the results more specifically. So don't read too much into this. Still, I think the results are interesting.

Very interesting! And I love your business name, too.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Thanks for the post...interesting!

Thank you for saying you love my biz name. I'd been feeling insecure about it recently, so I'm really glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Humm.....
    Love you biz name by the way!

Well.........why didn't you use F & T degreasing shampoo in your experiment, which was the shampoo of choice when I went to NCGIA (before the owner "invented" Chubbs). You probably shouldn't use Dawn on cats on a regular bases, since it isn't a pet shampoo. Try F & T and see how you like it, I wouldn't use anything else on cats or greasy little Yorkies. I used Chubbs once and found that the bar soap was so soft that it didn't last very long (maybe 3 cats). Nice experiment and thanks for sharing.

Happy loving your business name too !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Thank you Dolly. I'd like to try F&T.
    I'd heard that F&T had some shipping problems, where the product took a long time to be delivered or was poorly packaged. Do you know if they've resolved those issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    Well.........why didn't you use F & T degreasing shampoo in your experiment, which was the shampoo of choice when I went to NCGIA (before the owner "invented" Chubbs). You probably shouldn't use Dawn on cats on a regular bases, since it isn't a pet shampoo. Try F & T and see how you like it, I wouldn't use anything else on cats or greasy little Yorkies. I used Chubbs once and found that the bar soap was so soft that it didn't last very long (maybe 3 cats). Nice experiment and thanks for sharing.

Happy loving your business name too !!

I haven't ordered some in a while (ordered 2 gal at a time), but at that time, I had no problems. I dilute the shampoo....3 squirts per 16 0z water....so a gal lasts a long time for me. I think the company advises to use it straight, but I was taught at NCGIA to dilute....and the cats and Yorkies come out squeaky clean.....making sure you rinse thoroughly between the 3 baths for cats (2 with degreaser, 1 with hypo).

Happy experimenting

Great post! Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. I'm curious to see how the F&T holds up to the others.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Emma123 View Post

Neat Emma I would love to see more tests like this on the board.

Thank you.
    I took a stab at testing my HV dryer (DogShammy) vs. human-salon high-quality blow dryer. I tested drying speed using a wet cotton cloth. Both cloths felt about the same after 3 minutes of drying with either dryer. I'd need to fully dry the cloth instead of just doing 3 minutes drying to more accurately test drying speed. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
    Neat Emma I would love to see more tests like this on the board.