Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cleaning grooming apparel?

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do you wash your smocks? My teacher told me to use hot water and bleach, but I accidentally added a bit too much and now my black smock has turned a bit green at the shoulder hehe... I guess laundry machines are also an option, or does anyone use a different liquid mixture to clean? Thanks in advance!

I just toss my nylon smocks in with the regular wash. They come out nice and clean. If you think you must use bleach (I don't) get the stuff for colors. Never had a problem with colors running on my smocks, either. All are Stylist Wear.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Toss in regular washing machine load. I don't use bleach for hardly any laundry.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Same as above. I hang them to dry.

Just throw in the washing machine like all other laundry. If you have to,bleach use a color safe one. I've never bleached my smocks or pants nor do,I use fabric softener on them.
    I do hang the smocks to dry rather than using the dryer. Most of my things are over five years old now.

Yep, hang to dry here as well.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Yeah... I wear those big, boxy Stylist Wear zip up tops, that catch on things and stop you dead in your tracks lol. But I wear EZ groom pants. I just wash them on warm and use the normal, which is medium setting on my dryer. My tops are 5-6 yrs old. One finally died and my dog chewed a hole in a pocket of another (don't ask.. he's eccentric). I guess I need a couple of new ones lol!! I'm super allergic to stuff.. so I use unscented, but I never bleach them.

If you are looking to disinfect, there is a new disinfectant that you add to your laundry that isn't bleach.. but I haven't tried it.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Regular wash, dryer dried. The heat from the dryer will sanitize if that's your worry. But unless you are grooming shelter dogs all day there isn't much to worry about. I would never use bleach it's going to eat up the fabric fast. Color safe bleach does not disinfect, it just boosts cleaning.

I am a little confused by The laundry equipment part of your post. Do you not use a washing machine? Also every piece of clothing should have a care label on it telling you how to wash it. If you have nylon grooming clothes they get no bleach and if you have cotton ones it could-be a problem. Simply look at the tag to see what it says to do. That being said I wash everything of mine in cold-water and hang them to dry because I don't like the static that the dryer creates.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

I just throw mine in the washer and dryer. I use Downy, so no static on my groomer stuff. Makes them smell good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do a regular wash, but do a dose and a half of an oxy cleaner booster to get the funk out. It's what we do for pet laundry as well, and it seems to work for us

Quote Originally Posted by Hucksmom View Post
    I just throw mine in the washer and dryer. I use Downy, so no static on my groomer stuff. Makes them smell good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still get static with fabric softener....
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast