Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Big Tongue Are you in the path of totality for the August USA solar eclipse

If you are it's going to affect you. We are an hour away and every motel hotel room has been sold out for weeks or months. Some urban places in the path were charging $1000 for regularly $79 rooms. If you are in totality expect gridlock if in an urban area, freeways may come to near standstill is what we heard. It's on a Monday so many grooming shops will be closed. LOTS of people are renting rooms in their homes with 2 or 3 minimums to people that cannot find lodging.

Here's a map. http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm but you can google dozens more

We are going to stick this thread.

It is going to be hectic in totality areas. We have to drive 3 hours south for totality in Salem, Oregon. They sold out rooms months ago in the totality area. I think someone mentioned it here on the board that state parks close to cities are expecting severe conditions. For example the article mentioned that one Oregon state park expects at least 25,000 people and they have one toilet. Gridlock in places. I have friends in Salem and it is true people that have never rented rooms in homes are listing them, or setting up areas in their backyards for campers etc.

I like this map too......has list of cities besides maps.

http://nationaleclipse.com/maps.html

If you are grooming in totality or near, might be a disruptive day.

WHO IS GROOMING IN TOTALITY???

Love it LOL American Eclipse Traffic Jam http://americaneclipseusa.com/see-th...clipse/travel/

Looks like I'm not even close in Minnesota. I dunno if that is a blessing or not, I'd like to see it but the crowd masses are a MAJOR deterrent for me.

I have a son who is going to SC, I told him it is going to be chaos.

Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

My friends in Missouri said that half the schools have decided to close that day. Lots of crowd control issues being discussed as possible in other news.

NY always seems to miss out on the cool celestial events. Saw the blood moon a couple years ago. We tend to get more of the lunar events.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

We found some friends to stay with near totality, should be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Furry View Post
    NY always seems to miss out on the cool celestial events. Saw the blood moon a couple years ago. We tend to get more of the lunar events.
    The drama of a total solar eclipse at full totality is according to many a lifetime experience. Saw the blood moon, cool but not an experience! Some said there dogs acted very confused.

Elementary schools are closing a little early in our area.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast