Laugh Expecting arrival of my new scissors.

I finally picked up the phone and ordered new scissors. My kenchii shears were ruined by the sharpener who is actually not sure about how to work on convex. Now they are cutting like a chainsaw. LOL The finish doesn't look nice and clean anymore. So it is time for new ones. My first pick was katana which I loved to get someday since in grooming school. Then it changed to sensei and changed again. I called sharkfin. lol Decided to go with swivel. Should be delivered next week. I am so excited to use them as well as very nervous due to swivel. The lady on the phone convinced me to stick with it at least 30 days which is the end of return policy. She said it can be extended. The customer service is great. Besides their certified sharpener is an hour and a half away and travels to my town. Best part is that I was planning to buy all three but just ordered straight and curve. Because I will get $200 worth free thinner! Saved $$$ by buying 2 and get one free and 20% off of total. Hope they are great as expected!

Some people swear by swivels, I swear at them.....I traded them back in for "normal" scissors.......just can't teach this old dog new tricks. Sharks does have good customer service, because I'm sure I wasn't the only one decided to return the swivels....and they didn't hesitate to replace mine at the GroomExpo booth.

Happy buying Shark scissors

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

I use both swivel and fixed thumb. I tend to use my swivel thinner more. I do not like working with a swivel curved shear. Too much going on with angles and hand position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I heard their customer service is very good that is one of reasons I decided to give a try on swivels. I can exchange with regular ones later if my brain can't handle them. Lol

I have fixed alot of convex shears these new sharpener have no idea what to do with them. Im Kenchii certified. Just send them

-------------------------------------------
    Jeff Andrews
    Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc
    2319 Granada Ave
    Mobile, Alabama 36693
    251-232-5353
    www.northerntails.com
    jeff@northerntails.com
    "You NOW Have A Better Choice"

Yes to Jeff! Many moons ago, I got impatient, and rather than sending my shears out to Northern Tails, as always, I used a local sharpener. Big mistake! It was their first time ever being sharpened and the semi convex shears were ruined! Sent them to Jeff and he corrected the issue for me. Lesson learned and have only used Northern Tails since!

Listen to Jeff he has worked wonders. Find a new sharpener.

Thank you Jeff for your kind offer and thank you ladies for recommendations of him) I knew about Jeff here on forum and have learned that he is a reputable sharpener. It was such a disappointment that I trusted the local sharpener and he ruined my shears completely. I've been cleaning and oiling them everyday and never dropped them or anything. They don't cut correctly anymore. Jeff, I will send an email as I have questions about sending my Kenchii. Thanks!

Nerdy

Thats fine, but next wednesday we are leaving for a seminar in Detroit for metals, so get them here this week OK

Use the email : jeff@northerntails.com

Its sad that most of these beauty shop sharpeners have no idea what they have in their hand when it comes to grooming shears. Most dont know what to do with a curved shear either. There are some who do a good job converting over to the grooming side, but the ones who don't can ruin a shear in 15 seconds.

Im sorry you had to experience that, but if there is any metal left to your shears we can probably fix them to cut almost like they did when new.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------
    Jeff Andrews
    Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc
    2319 Granada Ave
    Mobile, Alabama 36693
    251-232-5353
    www.northerntails.com
    jeff@northerntails.com
    "You NOW Have A Better Choice"