Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
    100 by years end is only 4 to 5 dogs a month. That's not enough to pay rent. I would hope that you have at least 20 dogs a week for 50 weeks for a total of 1000 grooms for the year. Now, what percentage of that are weekly, bi- weekly, monthly and every other month grooms is another variable. Right now with those variables in place my list is roughly 350 dogs, including those that are here part time, and those that are only bath dogs. I don't include those that are one time only dogs referred by the clinic side.
    100-150 regular CLIENTS.

If an average groom schedule is 6 weeks (variant 4-8, I'd assume), then each regular gets groomed 8.6 times per year, which works out to 860-1290 grooms in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    100-150 regular CLIENTS.

If an average groom schedule is 6 weeks (variant 4-8, I'd assume), then each regular gets groomed 8.6 times per year, which works out to 860-1290 grooms in a year.
    I wasn't real clear. Sorry. Depending on what your overhead costs are and other operating expenses and what you need to clear to pay your taxes, insurances, and living expenses I'm not sure that 100 to 150 clients is enough. It wouldn't work for me but my circumstances are going to be quite different than yours I will guess.
    Just keep in mind, you are only limited by your willingness to work. It will be slower in the beginning but it WILL pick up as long as you stay positive and keep educating yourself.
    Good luck to you.

Well then it depends on all the operating costs, but I am sure the following year there would be a breakeven if costs are reasonable.

I still have my records in a spreadsheet and we had 212 pet owners through our business at least once the first year. 29 used our services 3 times in the first year, 47 used our services 4 times in the first year 59 used our services 5 times the first year and 89 used our services 6 or more times the first year. So we had pretty good returning customers. So we easily had the estimate here of 100 to 150 regulars at end of first year, good goal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2