Thread: Flying Nozzle

Default Flying Nozzle

K9 II users-do your nozzles fit all the way down into the hose? Mine stop short by about 1/4" - 1/2". So I shove 'em in as far as I can, tighten the little ring band for all I'm worth, and almost without fail, the nozzle comes flying off after a few minutes. Tried tightening it and consciously attempting to hold it in place, but it's stronger and more determined than I am. Surely this isn't normal?

Mine fits all the way down. Sounds like you may have gotten a factory defect. You shouldn't have to force it with all your might. I push mine into place with minimal added pressure and a slight twisting motion. You should write to them and ask if you can swap your hose & nozzle for a different one. Plus the nozzle is most likely hitting the pet who's being dried at the time when it flies off. That's not safe. You can also use a little vet-wrap (self adhesive type) Wrap it once around the hose tip (possibly twice if needed) then the nozzle will stay in place and shouldn't detach during use. But, this is only a Hail Mary. It's not a permanent solution to the problem. Good luck to you

Oh dear.. I don't know how to fix that. I think I have a B-Air?? I'm not sure, it was a desperate purchase when my dryer died, and the company sent me a new one, that got lost in some warehouse in San Diego. (how..how did that happen???) So, I ran to a place an hour north of me and got this B-Air, Bear?? I don't know, it's green hahaha. But the nozzles screw down to the hose!! Just be careful that nozzle doesn't fly off into your face. Would duct tape work? It certainly doesn't sound normal. I'd contact whoever you got the dryer from.

Oh and by the way.. the lost dryer showed up at my house 3 months later. I refused it and the delivery driver, who was driving a car.. hmmmmmm... whined.. "But I just got it out!!" To which I politely said.. "Please, let me help you put it back in your car." Then I put refused delivery on the paperwork along with return to sender.. and called the company. 3 months later lol. Crazy.

Anyway... hope you get it taken care of. I'm sure it sounds defective.. if it were a problem people wouldn't buy them.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I saw a new type of soft plastic nozzle that is supposed to stop this problem with K9 dryers.....it was at Groomer's Mall, I think. Bright colors instead of black. Hope this helps
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Thanks ladies. Purchased the dryer from Frank Rowe, so I guess I'll start there. Was really hoping others had the same issue and that there was a 'trick'-I hate dealing with returns and such. But then again, I've got nothing but time-my bionic knee is almost 6 weeks old and I am definitely not up to par energy wise. Groomed one of my minpoos over the weekend-had to break it up into two sessions over two days to avoid total exhaustion. Tired of being tired!

Huh. Three months later, delivered by a man in a car...Too bad that dryer couldn't talk! Might be an interesting story!

The soft brightly colored nozzles you are referring to are made by SG Products and are called the Grip It nozzle. Groomers Mall and Frank Rowe and Show Season all carry them. It is very easy to both install and remove with no clips and no flying off because it is grippy, hence the name.