Smile Pink Clippers for newbie

I've been working in a salon for about 3 months now that supplied me with Andis AGC 2 speed clippers. I want to get my own clippers that are not owned by the company I work for. What are the best clippers out there right now? I've been looking at the Andis AGC Proclip but I'm not sure if that would be an upgrade for not. Thanks for any info!

Corded Cluppers......Andis Excel 5 speed
    Cordless. .....Wahl Bravura
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Corded Cluppers......Andis Excel 5 speed
    Cordless. .....Wahl Bravura
    Cyn, do you like the Andis 5 speed, won't it warm up the blades in no time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltesepom View Post
    Cyn, do you like the Andis 5 speed, won't it warm up the blades in no time ?
    Gosh, I have used the 5 speed since 2009. It will heat up the blades a bit faster, but I just switch out blades. I groom pretty fast as well. Prior to the Excel 5 speeds I used Double K cable driven clippers with variable speed......so I am used to frequently checking the heat of my blades.

Gosh, I have used the 5 speed since 2009. It will heat up the blades a bit faster, but I just switch out blades. I groom pretty fast as well. Prior to the Excel 5 speeds I used Double K cable driven clippers with variable speed......so I am used to frequently checking the heat of my blades.
    Thanks now I know ! I love Andis clippers but always afraid to order the 5speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltesepom View Post
    Thanks now I know ! I love Andis clippers but always afraid to order the 5speed.
    You need to get you some......just be sure you use the tie wrap method on the cord (Northerntails.com has instructions on how ).

Quote Originally Posted by ladygypsie View Post
    I've been working in a salon for about 3 months now that supplied me with Andis AGC 2 speed clippers. I want to get my own clippers that are not owned by the company I work for. What are the best clippers out there right now? I've been looking at the Andis AGC Proclip but I'm not sure if that would be an upgrade for not. Thanks for any info!
    Oh hun.. those are heavy clippers! I mean.. I have a pair and I do use them, sometimes. I do love my Excel 5 speed and used with a clipper vac they don't get hot. If I run them without the clipper vac.. yes, the blades get very hot. So NATURALLY we have a ton of blades hahaha. I know that just starting out that's not easy. I love Buttercut blades, but check out Stephen Toth.. Affordable Grooming Shears on the internet.. .he's selling some nice blades that are similar to Buttercut.

Cyn likes the Bravura.. I kind of like them lol. I love the Chromados.. very similar. I'm looking at the Oster Volt myself. BUT I'm waiting for my Petedge catalog... where oh where is it???? You can compare speeds and weight with that catalog then decide what you might like. I've heard the Oster Volt, which is cordless, is noisy.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Debbie, I heard the Oster Volt was noisy too. Let us know if you try one plz.

Debbie, I heard the Oster Volt was noisy too. Let us know if you try one plz.
    When I went back to grooming school a few years ago, several people had them and I thought they rattled something awful. But I'm kind of interested in light weight, heavy duty cordless clipper that I can put blades on. But I do want to compare them.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.