Cute Custom Made Bath

Hello!
    First time poster here!
    I'm in the middle of setting up a new salon and have opted for a custom made bath, I find most commercially made baths do not stack up to there intended use...
    Questions are:
    Has anyone bought or made a custom bath? If so, what features do you have? What did it cost you?
    Whats the best commercial bath you've used or bought? What features did it have? Whats good and bad about it? What did it cost you?
    Do you prefer Hydro or Non Hydro Bath? Why?

I'm from Australia and I feel my options for a good bath are pretty slim, My dads pretty handy so I'm designing it with him (and my extensive list of features that I think I would like and need) but as I've always worked for other people I've just gotten used to whatever bathing system they had without thinking of how to improve it. There may be something that someone with more experience could suggest that I've never even thought of that I may think of later after I've already spent a fortune haha

Any advice is appreciated

When I groomed at home, in my shop (basement) I used a shower stall floor (that is only 3" step up for large dogs). Then I built a 4 foot wall around 3 sides, leaving open one side for the dogs to enter/exit. I had all of the plumbing in these walls. The walls were covered with tile to waterproof them and I had anchors placed around to attach a leash. I had to bend down when washing the dog, but then I didn't groom many large ones. I had purchased a hydraulic tub for the smaller breeds.

Happy having a handy Dad !!

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Goodness, there are 100 of threads on DIY tubs and Bathing systems on here......do a search and read read read.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Thanks for the reply! Thats basically what i'm thinking of getting but thought someone might be able to suggest a feature that was really helpful to them
    Thanks

There have been tub makers for the pet industry where you build and design your own housing around their tubs, and they usually market to the self service dog wash owners, but they seem to come and go. Most of them are some sort of composite acrylic like material. I use mostly stainless steel tubs, pretty standard ones. If you try to build your own bathing system remember that not all shampoos are appropriate for different manufactured models available. That can be a problem. So when you test yours make sure you are making sure it accommodates your shampoos.

We built our own fiberglass tub. I have instructions in email format of anyone wants them. We needed it to suit our small space. Basically it's plywood, then covered with fiberglass cloth and resin. You can tint resin any color. Hubby built me a prototype in 2012. It's still going strong? No issues. No clanking, no rusting.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Itza, that is a super nice bathing set up you have there!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Itza, you're so organized ! Beautiful ...

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    We built our own fiberglass tub. I have instructions in email format of anyone wants them. We needed it to suit our small space. Basically it's plywood, then covered with fiberglass cloth and resin. You can tint resin any color. Hubby built me a prototype in 2012. It's still going strong? No issues. No clanking, no rusting.

That's an awesome set up Itza! I don't think I'll be able to have a bath just for little dogs, though that would be ideal! I was thinking of using a trampoline bed or some form of raised floor for the little dogs? Do you find it difficult to turn large dogs around to wash the other side? Or do they struggle to turn?

Quote Originally Posted by SnobbySausage View Post
    That's an awesome set up Itza! I don't think I'll be able to have a bath just for little dogs, though that would be ideal! I was thinking of using a trampoline bed or some form of raised floor for the little dogs? Do you find it difficult to turn large dogs around to wash the other side? Or do they struggle to turn?
    No, but I use treats and get them used to it.. I think it helps that they have to turn to walk out the door back onto table...