Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Here's the report. Bloomberg is a rather legitimate source, I would say.... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ns-to-your-pet

I vaccinate my 4 dogs and 2 cats if needed for boarding purposes. Otherwise I don't. It's like every 3 or 4 yrs I update their rabies and feline leukemia.

Ugh in our area some people are trying to make it law that all pet care providers keep evidence of vax.

Did ANYONE read the report?

Yes, I read it when it first came out.

Why do humans go through their vacs as children then we are done? Because we are immune for life. Why do vets want to do annuals? Money, plain and simple. These dogs are protected once they get their puppy series of shots. Someone would have to prove otherwise to convince me they are needed as adults.

I do not board my dogs and obviously groom them myself. No one is going to police me. My vet knows better to not push shots on my CH dogs. Although he suggested the k9 flu shot. There are dogs getting sick around the country.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

For house calls, I ask that cat owners whose cats have been outside in the past six months be current on rabies vaccine. Some people here go to the country on weekends, so even in the city, a cat may have been exposed. I don't ask for proof though.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Why do humans go through their vacs as children then we are done? Because we are immune for life. Why do vets want to do annuals? Money, plain and simple. These dogs are protected once they get their puppy series of shots. Someone would have to prove otherwise to convince me they are needed as adults.

I do not board my dogs and obviously groom them myself. No one is going to police me. My vet knows better to not push shots on my CH dogs. Although he suggested the k9 flu shot. There are dogs getting sick around the country.
    I agree 1,000%. Glad someone read the article and is aware that repeated vaccination protocols are for purposes of making money, and not for either the safety or health of the pet. It's been proven that rabies vaccination is good for life, regardless of subsequent exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
    I agree 1,000%. Glad someone read the article and is aware that repeated vaccination protocols are for purposes of making money, and not for either the safety or health of the pet. It's been proven that rabies vaccination is good for life, regardless of subsequent exposure.
    I knew that without reading the article......and as I said I ask if rabies is current (since it is state law) but I don't check it. As for all other vaccs......it is up to the owner if they want their pet to have them. I don't give any vaccs except puppy shots to my personal pets,because as Tom stated they are good for life as humans are. Now if one of my pets has to God forbid go to the vet and rabies is over 1 yrs old (we are always under quarantine in E Tx due to some rabies positive rat or bat or skunk), they will insist on a rabies vacc to even examine said pet or to even obtain flea meds. I get around this by buying flea meds and HW meds out of the country and only go to vet if it is something I can't fix....I have scripts for antibotics and pain pills for me (they are the same meds vet would prescribe for a dog).
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3