Glasses Pink Good tools for beginner?

I'm just learning how to groom. Did my first dog ever today. It wasn't very good, but hey, it was a friend and they knew what they were getting!
    The groomer teaching me is kindly letting me use her spare tools but suggested I get look at getting some just for me.
    And as much as I'd like to swipe her fancy Chris Christensen shears, I think she would notice that

Can anyone suggest what to get at first, and then what I should aim to buy as time goes on?

Grin has solid starter sets (as well as progressively advanced ones ) for a reasonable price.
    You'll most likely want straights, curves, thinners and chunkers.

If you like your instructor's shears, then by all means get some! So, let's see, clippers, blades, at least 3 of each one to start. Some good brushes- Tougher Than Tangles, or Frank's Original Brush, a couple of good combs, nail trimmers or a dremel. Scissors, curved, straight, and thinners. You can always start with one pair of straights. Check out PetEdge, Groomer's Mall, Groomer's Choice, Ryan's, and Cherrybrook. There is a new company.. I haven't checked them out ... Groomer Love or Love Groomers?? Also get some books, Notes from the Table is great for beginners. DVD's will be helpful, too.

Best of luck to you!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Watch and study free groom demos on YouTube in your spare time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Omg I detest autoCorrect. I meant to say Geib

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
    Omg I detest autoCorrect. I meant to say Geib
    Amazing how we can read what you meant, lol.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Lol I knew what you meant too. Auto correct can't fool us groomers. Chunkers are a must. I don't have any right now, but man I wish I did. Soon I hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post
    If you like your instructor's shears, then by all means get some! So, let's see, clippers, blades, at least 3 of each one to start. Some good brushes- Tougher Than Tangles, or Frank's Original Brush, a couple of good combs, nail trimmers or a dremel. Scissors, curved, straight, and thinners. You can always start with one pair of straights. Check out PetEdge, Groomer's Mall, Groomer's Choice, Ryan's, and Cherrybrook. There is a new company.. I haven't checked them out ... Groomer Love or Love Groomers?? Also get some books, Notes from the Table is great for beginners. DVD's will be helpful, too.

Best of luck to you!!
    Just want to add to your great list a dematter or Matt splitter and Wahl ss combs.

Quote Originally Posted by daesue View Post

Best of luck to you!!
    Just want to add Wahl snapon combs and Matt splitter or dematter.

What is our spending budget?

Don't need chunkers yet. Need to learn clipper work first along with brushing and coat prep. Get a Bravura first and foremost with a snap on comb set.