Default Anyone tried the Eyevac?

I just saw an ad for the Eyevac which is sort of like an electric dustpan/vac system. You sweep the hair up to it and it automatically sucks the hair into a container. It looks great for hair salons but I am wondering if it would hold enough dog hair at one time to be worthwhile. Or would I be constantly emptying it, which would defeat it's purpose. Anyone tried one?

I have a groomer buddy that has something similar to this in her salon. It empties into a huge bin in her back room, same as her clipper vac system. Very nice.

Probably not worth the investment cost. I have a wall mounted Shop Vac in each grooming area so it's out of the way and within easy reach. But now that I use a Clipper Vac, it's even less to vacuum off the floor. The problem is blowing out double coats and the whole shop needs to be swept.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyS View Post
    I just saw an ad for the Eyevac which is sort of like an electric dustpan/vac system. You sweep the hair up to it and it automatically sucks the hair into a container. It looks great for hair salons but I am wondering if it would hold enough dog hair at one time to be worthwhile. Or would I be constantly emptying it, which would defeat it's purpose. Anyone tried one?
    I have indoor/outdoor utility carpet in my salon.. bad for spilling coffee and those few dogs that pee (yes I get it cleaned lol) so it wouldn't work in the salon, but in my kitchen??? I have so many floor gadgets... vac mops, robot vac.. but this... a sweep and into a bin?? That might be very nice!!
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Wouldn't do eye vac. I have a client got me. The container is too small for a salon for dogs setting

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Wouldn't do eye vac. I have a client got me. The container is too small for a salon for dogs setting
    I use one. We have the professional one and ut works all day. Even if it didnt hold it all day it takes ten seconds to empty. We love love love this gadget. I cannot handle hair on my floor. Even with my clioper vacuum I have to sweep.
    My Blog The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    Probably not worth the investment cost. I have a wall mounted Shop Vac in each grooming area so it's out of the way and within easy reach. But now that I use a Clipper Vac, it's even less to vacuum off the floor. The problem is blowing out double coats and the whole shop needs to be swept.
    We did what admin recommended with C.A.P. design, and the room where we bathe and dry and blow is sealed, so the rest of the shop stays so much cleaner.

If you have retail area it really helps, there was an article on CAP out there. We closed in the bathing dept, why didn't we do it years ago.

You cant hear our bathing room either, makes a huge difference.