Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bittersweet news

My wonderful Saturday bather is leaving me. He's a junior in college and just told me he won a neuropsychology internship at MIT. Since he's planning on med school this is wonderful news, and terribly sad for me. Neither of my other two bathers can fill in on Saturdays ( one is working as a tech and the other is on a semi-pro tennis team that practices and plays tournaments on Saturdays ).
    It was bound to happen. He's a bright young man with a fantastic future ahead of him.
    On the other hand, the clinic is still running short hours on Saturdays. I can manage 6 or 7 on my own on the short days without killing my hands too badly. Planning on making sure that only my best dogs are scheduled on those days. Fortunately I have enough weekend regulars that are full time residents to be able to pad the schedule accordingly. Everything always happens for a reason and everything always manages to work out.

Yes, it will all work out

You'll be fine.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll manage. In re-reading my own words I think I'm more proud of and happy for the young man I've had the great pleasure to watch grow. He's very shy and quiet and it was getting in the way of people seeing the intelligence he has. Think working with the dogs for the past couple years has given him a lot of confidence in his own abilities. I'm thrilled for him.

And some day you'll be able to name drop, saying "I knew him back when..."

That's great for him, and a little sad for you. Working with you and the dogs gave him confidence and the wings to fly, so pat yourself on the back! Watching others succeed and knowing you had a small part in that is a wonderful feeling.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poodlefeet View Post
    What great thought! Hadn't gotten to that place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
    That's great for him, and a little sad for you. Working with you and the dogs gave him confidence and the wings to fly, so pat yourself on the back! Watching others succeed and knowing you had a small part in that is a wonderful feeling.
    I really credit the collection of dogs we've had on Saturdays. Everything from chihuahuas to giant standard poodles, some who are fear biters and most just squirmy and fussy. He's taken on some of my most challenging dogs without fear.

Sounds like all your bathers are pretty awesome people. Congratulations on your contributions to their futures!

What a fantastic group you've got! Sounds like you have low turnover, which seems rare. Hopefully he'll highly recommend working at your shop to an eager fellow student. 😊

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poodlefeet View Post
    ^^^this^^^^
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

What an amazingly talented staff! Sorry you'll be losing them, but just like our children grow and leave the nest, I suppose it can be the same for our younger staff. We lost some great team members as well last year as they left to go to college. Bittersweet.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast