Default HELP! How to pay for non accredited grooming school?

I'm located in central CA, I will be attending allens grooming academy in lodi, CA it's 5,000 + books + Grooming kit. I'm a single mother to a 10 month old so I'm stressing about how to pay for school. I can't just put it on my credit card since I'm 22 I don't even have that large of a limit! Any information on grants or ways to help me pay for school would be appreciated 💙

Accredited schools may offer financing, and often do, but don't have to offer financing. That's just for the record for some people that might think accreditation means financing is always available.

I understand your obstacles. Some schools can offer private financing from companies that work with vocational education schools, but don't expect many schools to have done that. Apparently your choice has not done that. The closest school to you that I know offers payments is in S. CA., away from you. American Grooming Academy.

Grants are possible, but what's the reasoning? I have seen grants for grooming school for issues such as battered women, certain types of physical disabilities or for returning veterans and some other issues of rehabilitation. If you don't fall into their target, you may find there are no specific grants. Then you can search other grants out there and write a grant proposal. You are going to have to do some research on the web for available grants and see if you can fit yourself into what the grant wants to help with.

For this reason, some career seekers try training at the superstores if you qualify. Good luck on your venture, don't give up.

I went to grooming school. It was okay, but not worth the thousands of dollars I spent. I would have been better off working as a bather in a salon to get basic experience or training at at Petco. Some people get a lot out of grooming school, but I didn't.

I went to a grooming school but it offered a payment schedule ( before they were finally accredited and now offer grants). Know other great groomers who learned at a corporate and then went waaaaaay beyond what was taught there by reading, lurking on forums such as this, and goingb to shows and conferences to expand their knowledge.
    You're in a tough spot but there are resources available Check your nearest job retraining center ( aka unemployment office) to see what is available. Check community college websites to see where to start searching. Local SBA and civic organizations are also a place to ask. Good luck.

Going the corporate route or private salon looking for a bathed to train up sounds like a good idea. Not only do you get hands on experience, you get paid while learning. And in the event you end up really not loving grooming you haven't spent that amount for school., In your position it sounds good. There are salon owners out there that will assist with school if you are serious. Be flat out honest with owner/manager when interviewing. It should help narrow the decision

How much was your school tuition?

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaSouders1 View Post
    I'm located in central CA, I will be attending allens grooming academy in lodi, CA it's 5,000 + books + Grooming kit. I'm a single mother to a 10 month old so I'm stressing about how to pay for school. I can't just put it on my credit card since I'm 22 I don't even have that large of a limit! Any information on grants or ways to help me pay for school would be appreciated ��
    If it's a good course, that's not a bad price! Good luck!

Better off if you work somewhere they train you, think Healthy Spot is good, they start you as a bather and train you to groom if you do good, and I think there are some at least in LA.
    Went to a dog grooming school, didn't learn much at all.