Default Working with limited

Space in a home salon. I am currently building a small playfloor. This will be for the few dogs I board. It is 3 x 6. Above state regs for boarding, at least for the ones that will go in it. Just curious what y'all have to say about the size.

You should have a large, fenced in yard to "play". Why don't you sit in a 3x6 playfloor for a couple of days and let us know if it is acceptable, especially for larger breed dogs.

Happy having a heart

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

dollysbarkingbubles.com

I don't keep large breeds overnight. Not to mention my main focus is grooming. I don't do anything cagefree for safety sake and we go out to play in the yard many times a day. It's literally for a yorkie and a bichon when they do stay. I don't allow dogs other than mine to roam my house without supervision. I need eyes on client dogs all the time. Thanks for the input though

I think that is a very nice size for the size boarders you mentioned. My small boarders are kept in Great Dane size wire crates.....small dogs look like they are in a plypen, lol.
    So your 3' x 6' will be plenty of room for them, much larger than my huge crates.
    Of couse, as you do, all my boarders outside time is very supervised.
    Last edited by Cyn; 04-17-17 at 11:57 AM.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

For the size you're mentioning that sounds like a great area. I would add, though, that if you are keeping dogs for any length of time (I. E., A week or more) I would create some sort of an outside run if you have a yard that is able to be fenced in just a long area so they can chase a ball and really exercise with some distance.

Maybe I should call it a lounge area. I designed it like a country porch

Honestly, I redesigned my whole salon JUST for that 3x6 area. That way they can be more comfy and feel more like at home. I do have a heart. That's why I did it

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    You should have a large, fenced in yard to "play". Why don't you sit in a 3x6 playfloor for a couple of days and let us know if it is acceptable, especially for larger breed dogs.

Happy having a heart

dollysbarkingbubles.com
    Dolly hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Honestly, I redesigned my whole salon JUST for that 3x6 area. That way they can be more comfy and feel more like at home. I do have a heart. That's why I did it
    We know you have a heart and care greatly for your clients. Yep, I think you should call it a lounge area.
    Just ignore Dolly................
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

If you re-read Moses FIRST post, she DOES NOT state that she will not be boarding LARGE breed dogs, her second post states that only two small dogs, a yorkie and bichon will be boarded....... My concern was that I groom several dogs that are over 3 foot long and in this small space, that she describes as a play area, these dogs could not turn around, and only take 3-4 steps forward, and 3-4 steps backwards.

dollysbarkingbubles.com

No offense taken. Should have been more clear. If I didn't want an honest answer then I wouldn't have asked a question.