Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ear cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    I'm switching to Quadruped after I finish up my Envirogroom. I'm tired of my fabulous smelling dogs, ears smelling like eucalyptus. I have been really happy with the Envirogroom and it works well, just not crazy for the smell.
    I would think Quad would smell like Yucca......don't know for sure haven't used it.
    I usually wet pet in tub, then use ear cleaner, then bath pet.....seems to knock the strong ear cleaner smell down a few notches (probably just washes out of hair but not ear). This method dosent interfere with FAB smelling dogs.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I also use Best Shot M.E.D. ear cleaner.....I like it as it dosent burn. It works well, smell is a bit minty. It is available in gallons.
    ^^^this^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried a couple of brands and then been using Stazko now. It really cleans wax out. I just ordered a gallon today so I guess I stick with it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I would think Quad would smell like Yucca......don't know for sure haven't used it.
    I usually wet pet in tub, then use ear cleaner, then bath pet.....seems to knock the strong ear cleaner smell down a few notches (probably just washes out of hair but not ear). This method dosent interfere with FAB smelling dogs.
    I put cleaner in, then cotton, then wash the dog. Maybe the cotton holds the smell, but I've had clients comment on the eucalyptus smell. The Quadruped smells really nice.

Quad is very good. Dancing Pet too for very sensitive pets, no chemicals at all.

Quote Originally Posted by absolutebichon View Post
    Quad is very good. Dancing Pet too for very sensitive pets, no chemicals at all.
    Hmmmmmm, no chemicals, l like that.

You can purchase Zymox by the gallon. We have alao used Tropiclean brand.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

I had a big bottle of the Espree ear cleaner from school and it smells a bit like peppermint. It worked well, not like the Davis which was oily, not good when used after the bath.... I bought the Zymox, but because of the price, only use that on dogs with evident ear issues. Bought the Envirogroom, which is a much milder fragrance, and clients have asked me if I've cleaned there dogs ears, as they couldn't smell fresh ears anymore! I said of course, just using a different product. Turns out, MY clients like those "smelly" ears, they know the ears have been cleaned and they commented that the ears smelled fresh for a long time. So there are some people out there that like to be able to smell their dogs ears and know they've been cleaned. Just got a small bottle of the Quad, and have only used it once on 2 dogs that might have mites.

I have heard nothing but good things about Liquid Health K9 Ear Solutions, except that it can stain light colored hair. But I love that it has colloidal silver in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
    I had a big bottle of the Espree ear cleaner from school and it smells a bit like peppermint. It worked well, not like the Davis which was oily, not good when used after the bath.... I bought the Zymox, but because of the price, only use that on dogs with evident ear issues. Bought the Envirogroom, which is a much milder fragrance, and clients have asked me if I've cleaned there dogs ears, as they couldn't smell fresh ears anymore! I said of course, just using a different product. Turns out, MY clients like those "smelly" ears, they know the ears have been cleaned and they commented that the ears smelled fresh for a long time. So there are some people out there that like to be able to smell their dogs ears and know they've been cleaned. Just got a small bottle of the Quad, and have only used it once on 2 dogs that might have mites.

I have heard nothing but good things about Liquid Health K9 Ear Solutions, except that it can stain light colored hair. But I love that it has colloidal silver in it.
    Thanks Sandy, I know that Itza us using the K9 products.

I love the K9 Ear Solutions. It's what I use on my personal dogs, and a few I have with issues in the business. Just too spendy for every day use when it doesn't come in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    I love the K9 Ear Solutions. It's what I use on my personal dogs, and a few I have with issues in the business. Just too spendy for every day use when it doesn't come in bulk.
    Exactly this!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

That Bark 2 Basics is good though Tom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2