Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

As i said, i do use combs on heads and faces. So i am not against the use. Although I am pretty certain we will always have electricity in this world, I feel that everyone should be able to do it by hand if need be. I.e. powers out at shop for some strange reason. All batteries to cord less clippers die. I feel all should be able to finish by hand. And I also don't think it is fair for a newer groomer to possibly have a cord break on them then freak cause all they had to do was the head. Not saying don't use combs. Just saying I feel all should know by hand

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    As i said, i do use combs on heads and faces. So i am not against the use. Although I am pretty certain we will always have electricity in this world, I feel that everyone should be able to do it by hand if need be. I.e. powers out at shop for some strange reason. All batteries to cord less clippers die. I feel all should be able to finish by hand. And I also don't think it is fair for a newer groomer to possibly have a cord break on them then freak cause all they had to do was the head. Not saying don't use combs. Just saying I feel all should know by hand
    Agree!
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

So you can do a seven strip by hand? That's impressive.

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative (although my question is a little snarky), I just don't see why anyone should have to learn to do it by hand.

Seems to me the idea is invalid unless everything can be done 'by hand' which it absolutely cannot.

I think most good groomers pick up the easiest ways for them to do things no matter how they are taught.

Can I do a head by hand? Sure of course. It doesn't look as good and the results are not as consistent. Whereas if I use a comb, you can bet it will be the same every time, or pretty darn close to it.

I did it the other day when this thread popped up and timed myself vs using a comb. Both six weeks clients same haircut. I literally do a TBH in three minutes with a comb, and seven minutes in, doing it by hand, I threw in the towel and said forget it and picked up my combs.

Well yes everything can be done by hand. Call me old fashioned but by hand has been done for thousands of years. Would I want to do everything by hand HELL NO. But I do feel it's proper to be taught how to. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerlvr View Post
    So you can do a seven strip by hand? That's impressive.

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative (although my question is a little snarky), I just don't see why anyone should have to learn to do it by hand.

Seems to me the idea is invalid unless everything can be done 'by hand' which it absolutely cannot.

I think most good groomers pick up the easiest ways for them to do things no matter how they are taught.

Can I do a head by hand? Sure of course. It doesn't look as good and the results are not as consistent. Whereas if I use a comb, you can bet it will be the same every time, or pretty darn close to it.

I did it the other day when this thread popped up and timed myself vs using a comb. Both six weeks clients same haircut. I literally do a TBH in three minutes with a comb, and seven minutes in, doing it by hand, I threw in the towel and said forget it and picked up my combs.
    Oh, I only meant one should know how to hand scissor heads

Yes scissor heads if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Oh, I only meant one should know how to hand scissor heads
    But Please Please don't stop me from using my clipper combs, so much time saved over the span of a day of TBHs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    But Please Please don't stop me from using my clipper combs, so much time saved over the span of a day of TBHs
    Totally !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4