Default Renting/ Leasing a Grooming Facility in a Doggy daycare facility

I am currently thinking about starting my own grooming salon and business and am hoping to get some advice from my fellow Groomers.
    A little about me I have been working with pets and dogs in a salon setting for about 4 years and am ready to take the plunge.

I am in a position to potentially rent a space at an existing Doggy Daycare facility. Their previous groomer did so and is retiring. He has been at this location for 5 years or so. It looks like the tub is in place with walk up steps. Not sure if any other equipment is still there etc.. until I go in to look and talk to the Doggy Daycare Owner.

I am hopefully meeting at the facility to look it over and get more details but am wondering what would be a fare price?
    What should I be looking for? Questions I should be asking?

Any advise is welcome!

Cleanliness of daycare, condition of grooming area, does it stink is it humid moldy /musty smell,

I don't think anyone can answer the question of a "fair price" because we do not know your location, (city, town, rural) nor do we know the economic situation most people are in (rich, average, poor). I would suggest that you contact the previous retired groomer and talk with him....how much did he clear at the end of the year, what was his rental agreement, maybe you can purchase some of his used equipment (scissors, blades, clippers, etc). How much did he spend on supplies a month, what insurance did he have, etc. He will be a rich source of info.

Good Luck

Happy gathering info

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    I don't think anyone can answer the question of a "fair price" because we do not know your location, (city, town, rural) nor do we know the economic situation most people are in (rich, average, poor). I would suggest that you contact the previous retired groomer and talk with him....how much did he clear at the end of the year, what was his rental agreement, maybe you can purchase some of his used equipment (scissors, blades, clippers, etc). How much did he spend on supplies a month, what insurance did he have, etc. He will be a rich source of info.

Good Luck

Happy gathering info

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    Dolly that's a great idea.

I had not thought of that. Thanks!

You can start with percentage rent too. That makes it worthwhile for both of you to build up the business and get a good idea. There should be a base amount that covers their basics costs of water and electricity and small rent and go from there. You would pay for the promotion, grooming supplies etc.