Default Best Kenchii Shears

I've been grooming for two years still learning a lot but I want a better scissor. I'm looking at the Kenchii brand but not sure which ones to go with I don't need super advanced but I feel I need more than a "beginner" scissor was thinking about the five star any suggestions what's the difference Thanks for any help

I think.. if they make them.. don't know if they do, but the Spyders? are a great scissor.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I have mustang. Loved them until my sharpener screwed them up. They were super sharp and held their edge. Sturdy scissor but not heavy. SHARP!

Sharp for a whole year

I don't think you can go wrong with any Kenchii shear. Get the ones you can comfortably afford for now and save for the next pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I have mustang. Loved them until my sharpener screwed them up. They were super sharp and held their edge. Sturdy scissor but not heavy. SHARP!
    Right! Jeff on this board wrote an article once that sharpening hairstylist scissors versus shears for groomers is a big deal. If your sharpener doesn't know that difference, be careful!!!!! I recommend Jeff, a groomer and sharpener knows what we need.

I just purchased the Mustangs straight
    & curved. LOVE them. I purchased the 5-Star's 1-1/2 years ago and they just started to dull. Highly recommend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for mentioning 5star. I have been looking into those

I have a set of Shinobi that are a nice solid shear, although I don't like them as much as my primary (Jay Scruggs), so they are back ups for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong with any Kenchii shear. Get the ones you can comfortably afford for now and save for the next pair.
    Sure you can. The entire Level 1 series is made of 440A steel. Kenchii has some really great stuff, but some of their popular stuff like the Scorpion is really not as good as the brand reputation.

My advice is learn what makes a good shear. What are the good materials, what type of edge, what kind of handle, and what kind of tuning mechanism you're comfortable with. We have a guide about that on our groom shop website here: http://www.spotondoggrooming.com/dog-shears#shearinfo

We have some shears you can look at too. Shop around, look at a few sites and compare prices. Some of these companies resell shears for two or three times the cost they pay, giving themselves huge margins, so you can often find a better deal if you look hard.
    Last edited by Spot-On Grooming; 04-05-17 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Grammar