Confused New Boarding Facility and Grooming Area Problems

Hi all! Need some feedback, please. I just opened my second grooming location in a brand new boarding facility. The problem is the owner lets the daycare dogs roam free in an area where my grooming customers have to walk to get to my grooming area (I've leased space inside the boarding kennel). My grooming customers show up and have to run the gauntlet with a half a dozen dogs running around wily nily. Several of my customers said they would not be back (but would bring their dog to my other location for grooming). I've talked to the owner several times about safety but nothing (so far) is done. It's her boarding kennel -- and she can run it like she wants. I'm wondering if a grooming shop inside this type of business wasn't such a good idea. I feel the situation is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

You are right it is. Can you get her to understand the risks? Can you have a separate entrance door from outside?

EEEEK!

Run, don't walk away! Besides that I suppose, have you tried pitching it in a way that affects her side of the business rather than yours? For example try explaining that you're worried daycare/boarding dogs will escape due to increased foot traffic though the playrooms. Or alternatively, what if a dog bites/scratches/knocks someone over? You could be dealing with a lawsuit quicker than you can say "Milkbone"! Maybe even try explaining it from the dog's perspective, anytime a new dog or person is introduced to a pack of dogs the pack dynamic changes. Dogs that already don't feel secure in the pack may even increase in anxiety resulting in either the dogs showing fear upon arrival and not wanting to come anymore or going into fight rather than flight mode.

The myriad of things that can go terribly are endless!

Thanks for the replies! I have a sit-down meeting with the owner next week and am keeping my fingers crossed we can work this out. Woof!