Hybrid View

Default Challenging Pom-Chi Makeover

This is Winston. He was adopted this week by my clients from a family friend that is terminally ill and could no longer take care of him. I think she hadn't been taking care of him other than feeding him for a while, by the look of him.

He is a sweet older boy, and was covered in mats around his ruff, ears and pants area. The new owners were thinking shaving him down was their only option, but once I took a look at his coat, I realized he is single-coated with not much hair other than in the areas where the mats were concentrated, his ruff and pants. So I asked the owners if I could try dematting him and thinning the hair to avoid future mat issues, if it wouldn't be too much for him, and they agreed.

Because of Itza and her recommendations of K9 Competition products, when I bought my van, I invested in a lot of their products to try them out. I use Strip Off on all new clients now as a first shampoo as it cleans and deodorizes extremely well without drying out the skin or coat. I like it better than the Grimenator and Filthy Beast type shampoos. But the product that made the mats melt away was the K9 Nano Mist!!

I tried Quicker Slicker and that didn't work at all. I moved on to The Stuff, and that also did nothing. I thought I was going to have to shave him after all. Then I remembered I had the Nano Mist. I sprayed it on, rubbed it into the mats and warmed it under the dryer while I worked with a plastic tipped soft slicker and the mats came out like they weren't even there. I am so impressed with these products. Thanks Itza!! So glad I listen to you!!

Winston before1-sm.jpg Winston before

Winston before-sm.jpg Winston before

Winston after-sm.jpg Winston after

He looks so very handsome-GREAT job Sandy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely job.. .and he knows it! Look at that big smile on his "after" face.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Thank you ladies!! I'm glad he won't cry when he's being petted anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinAnaheim View Post
    This is Winston. He was adopted this week by my clients from a family friend that is terminally ill and could no longer take care of him. I think she hadn't been taking care of him other than feeding him for a while, by the look of him.

He is a sweet older boy, and was covered in mats around his ruff, ears and pants area. The new owners were thinking shaving him down was their only option, but once I took a look at his coat, I realized he is single-coated with not much hair other than in the areas where the mats were concentrated, his ruff and pants. So I asked the owners if I could try dematting him and thinning the hair to avoid future mat issues, if it wouldn't be too much for him, and they agreed.

Because of Itza and her recommendations of K9 Competition products, when I bought my van, I invested in a lot of their products to try them out. I use Strip Off on all new clients now as a first shampoo as it cleans and deodorizes extremely well without drying out the skin or coat. I like it better than the Grimenator and Filthy Beast type shampoos. But the product that made the mats melt away was the K9 Nano Mist!!

I tried Quicker Slicker and that didn't work at all. I moved on to The Stuff, and that also did nothing. I thought I was going to have to shave him after all. Then I remembered I had the Nano Mist. I sprayed it on, rubbed it into the mats and warmed it under the dryer while I worked with a plastic tipped soft slicker and the mats came out like they weren't even there. I am so impressed with these products. Thanks Itza!! So glad I listen to you!!

Winston before1-sm.jpg Winston before

Winston before-sm.jpg Winston before

Winston after-sm.jpg Winston after
    That's awesome! I have successfully gotten out a felted undercoat mini Eskimo that lived in a horse trough and got rinsed off in the human shower daily, by soaking in coat cure, using LP brush then washing in strip and aloe then using k9 dematter. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1317f2a7e.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...45fd9bc080.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...80b4642f12.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Great job! He looks super soft and happy in his new doo.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Than you Furry and Itza. I really appreciate the knowledge I pick up from your videos Itza, and all the other pros who share their knowledge here. Helps me think outside the box, and it's great when I can go straight to what works, rather than reinvent the wheel trying to figure it out on my own with my limited, but ever expanding knowledge.

I missed this one. Good job.

Well done!