Animated Wink Monthly Membership Model for Pet Care Services

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/busin...ZaKgP6MMjBehO/

Tim Vogel is the owner of Scenthound, a monthly dog care club that offers baths, ear cleaning, nail trimming and teeth brushing, in addition to other grooming services.
    Vogel’s business model is simple: to provide fast, easy and affordable care for dogs that don’t need regular hair cuts. For $25, members can have their dog’s coat, ears, nails and teeth cared for once a month. Unlimited baths, ear cleanings, nail trims and teeth brushing are available for $45 a month. The services are provided on a walk-in basis within about 15 minutes, Vogel said.

The company, which operates four mobile units and three retail locations, also works with two of the county’s largest pet shelters, providing information on grooming and routine dog care to new pet owners, as well as free services to those who adopt a new pet.

On Jan. 29, Scenthound will hold a “Dog Care Awareness Day” at Downtown at the Gardens in Palm Beach Gardens. During the event, which is designed to raise awareness about dog care, the company will try to break the Guinness Book of World Record for the “Most People Simultaneously Brushing Dogs’ Teeth.” The current record of 268 dogs was set in Hong Kong, China in 2012.

The event runs from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

“We are just doing it to raise awareness,” Vogel said. “Eighty percent of dogs by the age of three have periodontal disease. If you care for your dogs teeth regularly you could extend their live by 3 to 4 years.”........ story continues use link
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I just wouldn't want to work this way, but for a beach community with dogs it might work well along with self service tubs, but not for all styling dogs of course.

Probably trying to get a good story-line going about his business, then sell it to a large company looking to buy into pet care. Don't know how he'll be able to hire and retain reliable, skilled people at what looks like less than minimum wage if you count driving time?

This would be great to" train" people to come to the salon more often. All of my 3 week clients think their pup is so gross/ overdue if they go 5/6 weeks for holidays... I love it. They are accustomed to a well groomed pup

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ItzaClip! View Post
    This would be great to" train" people to come to the salon more often. All of my 3 week clients think their pup is so gross/ overdue if they go 5/6 weeks for holidays... I love it. They are accustomed to a well groomed pup

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Had not thought about that way, interesting. I do love my 3 and 4 week customers and wish more got that care.

I would rather great average prices and let them choose.

I have seen monthly membership systems come and go. They work best for bath dogs, not so manageable for dogs needing stylists and trying to stay with the same stylist.