Default Oh yuck yuck yuck!

The title says it all! Bleck!

A regular brought in her 2 doodles, with complaints of itching, but no fleas. During their check-in, I didn't notice anything abnormal, but she still requested flea shampoo.

Bathing Gill, I still didn't see the typical "flea bleeding" anywhere once shampooed, and there were no black flecks showing up in his thick, white coat. Then I turned on the blow dryer....

BAM! As soon as his hair starts drying, these little grayish things pop up EVERYWHERE. I got one on the tip of my finger, and it was a freaking louse :-* The more dry he got, the more I found. Sis had it too, but not as bad.

I saved a couple on a piece of tape for their mom, so her vet could properly diagnose and treat it, and she was really appreciative. I am still feeling creepy crawly though. An hour ago, one of the other groomers had someone come in asking about dog lice too!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Eeewww! I feel ya! Like that psychosymatic moment when I find a flea on a fur client and suddenly my scalp gets a random itch. Still, I'm sure the client was most appreciative at your ability to find and deal with the problem. Just another glamourous day in your life as a groomer. Lol.

Found lice on a client dog three months ago. Thank goodness we were in hubs trailer so we could shut it down for a bit. Bombed, washed and bagged all brushes combs and towels for two months. Sent client to vet, vet says oh it's just dry skin. Oy vey really? So I guess those little grey dudes I picked off and squished that spewed blood everywhere were just what? A figment of my imagination?

What is with the random itches too? Why do we do that lol!?

That's great idea you saved them on tape so there is no denial like what cockerlvr went through.

We will save ANYTHING that shouldn't come off (or out of a dog) in a baggie for the parents. If I found something, I want them to see exactly what I saw.

Yikes!!!! I did a Standard before the holiday that was WAY overdue. His coat felt so grimy and I thought matted. Started the bath and the water ran that rusty red color we all know to well. Because he was black did not even see the flea dirt but once I inspected a bit closer the fleas were running all over! Took 4 baths to get that poor thing clean and coincidently not a single mat! It was all just nasty flea dirt and grim.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by J_espe View Post
    We will save ANYTHING that shouldn't come off (or out of a dog) in a baggie for the parents. If I found something, I want them to see exactly what I saw.

Yep we have baggie for this too. Nothing like a lice for a long time, but it happens.

I have never seen life on a dog

The sucking louse are the only ones I've ever encountered. I've had owners break down crying when I tell them too. They are some of the grosser thing to find on a dog- I'd take oozy warts over that any day.