Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Essential Oils

Quote Originally Posted by ABDG View Post
    For those of you that use essential oils in salons...do you notify owners that you do? Do you have signs at the front desk? What if someone says they are allergic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not trying to be sassy, but...for those of you who use bleach and harsh chemicals in your salons, do you notify the owners that you do? Your clients - dog, cat or human, are more likely to have a reaction to those chemicals than they are to a few drops of essential oils diffusing in a salon. I personally feel It is a good practice to post if you use essential oils. (Btw, there is definitely a use for bleach in a salon, please don't misunderstand my point) allergies? I've got an oil for that! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by petagreespa View Post
    It's always a good idea to do your home work, or in the words of the author of the article you linked... "A little knowledge can go a long way while incorporating essential oils in and around your animals."
    Especially with something like essential oils, there is so much to know, and knowledge is power in my opinion. Or you can claim ignorance and never reap the benefits of oils for yourself or your pets. Essential oils are not for everyone, however - I have seen amazing results in my home and my business with a bunch of research and a whole lot of common sense. If you would like to learn about essential oils from a vet who uses oils in her practice, this would be a good starting point...http://www.oilyvet.com

Happy gaining knowledge

Thank you, petagreespa!! Those are the ones I use! I couldn't think of her name or site for the life of me lol.
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by petagreespa View Post
    It's always a good idea to do your home work, or in the words of the author of the article you linked... "A little knowledge can go a long way while incorporating essential oils in and around your animals."
    Especially with something like essential oils, there is so much to know, and knowledge is power in my opinion. Or you can claim ignorance and never reap the benefits of oils for yourself or your pets. Essential oils are not for everyone, however - I have seen amazing results in my home and my business with a bunch of research and a whole lot of common sense. If you would like to learn about essential oils from a vet who uses oils in her practice, this would be a good starting point...http://www.oilyvet.com

Happy gaining knowledge
    Dolly... here is the website of the oily vet vet. She's got some great information.

http://www.animaleo.info/
    Debbie
    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

I have diffused mainly lavender but tried a light citrus blend the other day. My customers love the way my shop smells. I follow Karen Becker so will look at the link provided. I would never put an oil directly on an animal, only diffuse. Thanks for all the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2