Tech Cat utube vid on building my DYI grooming van , and full time rv life

I thought this might be of interest to some people ,it has info on our inverter system.

I used to post more often but my life took a turn, my DH wanted to sell the house and move us into a Class A motor home, we have a very small utube channel where we post stuff pertaining to grooming and mostly RV maintenance .This vid might be of interest to techies also lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1y1JpnkPMs

Hi Sherry,

Long time no talk. Hope all is well.

Scott

Hi scott sent a PM

My husband is so happy with the amount of views thanks all,I didn't tell him i put this up

Nice vid guys.

Which batteries at what amps each did you add in series/parallel to get 600 AH's?

Thanks.

Uncle Dave

We used Interstate GC2 batteries from Costco, best price and 1 year warranty. Each of the batteries is rated at 225 amp hours. With the inverter requiring 12 volts, 2 batteries in series provides 12 volts at 225 amp hours. The 3 sets of 2 batteries each in parallel totals to 675 amp hours at 12 volts. I down rate the system because you do not want to draw down a lead acid battery bank to 0 . That being said for best battery life it should not go to less than 50% of full charge on a regular basis, the occasional dip below 50% does not kill the batteries but it will shorten their life. Lithium batteries would do better but they are out of our budget. We are looking at solar for the future, this would give us more consistent charging, as we are in Southern Calif.

Sherry's DH

Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    We used Interstate GC2 batteries from Costco, best price and 1 year warranty. Each of the batteries is rated at 225 amp hours. With the inverter requiring 12 volts, 2 batteries in series provides 12 volts at 225 amp hours. The 3 sets of 2 batteries each in parallel totals to 675 amp hours at 12 volts. I down rate the system because you do not want to draw down a lead acid battery bank to 0 . That being said for best battery life it should not go to less than 50% of full charge on a regular basis, the occasional dip below 50% does not kill the batteries but it will shorten their life. Lithium batteries would do better but they are out of our budget. We are looking at solar for the future, this would give us more consistent charging, as we are in Southern Calif.

Sherry's DH
    Thanks Sherries DH.

Solar charging best practice is to keep parallel strings down to 2 to keep charging imbalance at bay, but Im always curious to see how everyone else does it.
    Keep us updated on your panel and charge controller choices. Always looking for new ways to skin the cat.

Im uncertain the RV industry is fully ready for lithium as the charger profiles arent really up to snuff and guys like technomadia had to get a bunch of arrows in the back as pioneers. When my pet inverter brands announce lithium capable profiles and Ive seen few more guys onboard Ill give it a try.

Till then I run a 24V system in the RV but due to space in the Grooming van have stuck with 12V

Good luck and good grooming!

UD

Thanks, I am not yet mobile but this is a great place to learn about it. In another year, I am saving up my down payment and will start used but one day, would love to buy new.