Default New prospector! Please help!

Hello all!
    I am looking to start a small, pet grooming (just myself) business in my home. I am trying to build out a business plan, and come up with a solid estimate to get the ball rolling. Could anyone help me in regards to essential start up equipment, (dryers, tub, table, etc). This will be a one at a time show for now, not a salon.

The help would be so much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Amanda

Are you going to do all sizes of dogs and types of coats?
    If you just do small dogs under 30 lbs, you can start out with nothing more than your own tub or sink and a hair dryer.

The most essential start-up 'equipment' you need is experience. What sort of grooming experience do you have? You will be responsible for the care and safety of someone's beloved pet. You will be working alone, so you won't have anyone else's guidance to help you. I may be stepping out on a limb here, but by reading your post, with you wondering what equipment you need to get started, it sounds like you have very little experience. If that's the case, then you should start by working in a shop or go to a reputable grooming school at the very least.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

I agree experience and training is what youll need most. Other than that your basic grooming tools a tub a dryer and kennels.

I agree your biggest purchases will be a table, tub, a cage and a dryer. Perhaps a poly tub if you don't want to use your bathtub. These are essentials other than tools and supplies.

I got some used stuff here in the ads.