Beaming The "Underhood Generator" by Roadtrek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJQaC_UCXg

Just curious, we have been considering a Roadtrek for personal use, not mobile grooming, and saw this on an underhood generator that reduce gen noise and lots of benefits. See video. I am no tech but UD and others, look you don't even need an inverter to charge batteries. Sound good?

I thought this was interesting about faster charging batteries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1vAMrvqnA

Looks to me to be a second more powerful alternator. It's a very expensive 'generator' to run your vehicles engine vs an actual generator.

Pretty much Cockerlvr,

once you cut through all the marketing names - This is just a lithium battery with a secondary alternator.
    We are on the brink of lithium batteries being ready for our business, but not quite there yet.

When the commercial inverter companies come out with lithium specific charge and voltage profiles we'll be there.
    A few guys like technomadia have been experimenting with them and pioneers get arrows in the back.

There are all kinds of issues with alternator generators not the least of which is the lack of power compared to a genset - cant run a k9II and roof AC concurrently.

The biggie in so cal is build up of ambient heat under the vehicle when parked and idling on black asphalt this temp buildup can cause the belts to throw off.
    Purveyors of these systems all say " Ive never had the happen" but I get two calls a week from people with these crying the blues.

UD

Thanks for the info. We will be getting our Roadtrek next year when we sell the grooming business (it is already sold now actually but we don't turn it over until next year) and I mostly retire from grooming, and we are selling our home and having a Tiny House built and getting a truck to haul it. Just going to travel the US for a few years. We look at many options and love the Roadtrek the most. The underhood generator is an option, not a requirement. They also use regular AGM batteries and have solar panels on the roof. That's the e Trek model.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit View Post
    Thanks for the info. We will be getting our Roadtrek next year when we sell the grooming business (it is already sold now actually but we don't turn it over until next year) and I mostly retire from grooming, and we are selling our home and having a Tiny House built and getting a truck to haul it. Just going to travel the US for a few years. We look at many options and love the Roadtrek the most. The underhood generator is an option, not a requirement. They also use regular AGM batteries and have solar panels on the roof. That's the e Trek model.
    Well that ought to be fun!
    Congrats on selling your business.
    Those road treks are really cool RV's and a pretty well built product for something coming out of an RV factory.
    Spent many an afternoon in the older 190 versatile.

Please send pictures!

UD

I hope to do the same thing someday. Would love to see the tiny house someday too.

Sounds like a wonderful venture Brit.