Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #3 Blade ?

I ordered the full set of Wahl steel combs today. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    WOW........this is me all over..........I haven't used a straight blade on the body of a dog probably in 6-7 years...always use Wahl snap on blades. I do use a blade only on a schnauzer and SCWT heads. I have probably have a half dozen blades, in their original packages, that were purchased before my SS guards, just sitting in a bin for years.

Happy snapping on

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
    How is that possible not to use a #7 or #5 on a body in 6 years? It's an everyday common blade for most small haircut breeds to use a 7 or 5 on the body and even running a 10 through a pelted coat that we see almost daily. Hardly anyone here has a fluffy coat dog. Most of the snap on comb use is the head.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
    Suggestion buy a Bravura and comb attachment set. Hands down the best clipper purchase I have made. Although I use it set to a #40. Was 5 aught that way . Tried the 30 but meh... coats weren't as nice looking
    Using the Bravura is fine on the 40 setting. It's the regular A-5 type blade, that you need to use the 30. The metal combs break the teeth on the regular 40 blade in a New York second.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
    How is that possible not to use a #7 or #5 on a body in 6 years? It's an everyday common blade for most small haircut breeds to use a 7 or 5 on the body and even running a 10 through a pelted coat that we see almost daily. Hardly anyone here has a fluffy coat dog. Most of the snap on comb use is the head.
    Agreed! I use my #7, #6, #5, and #4 blades daily! There really is not much in the way of fluffy dogs out my way. I do a few topknots that I get to use my combs for, but other than that, it is straight blade use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends a little on your clientele and breeds. I own#3 but never use. I use mainly Wahl cordless trimmer with shortest setting and ss guard comb, even when doing reverse. All my clients come 3-8 weeks and I don't have an issue with getting combs through anything. Scissored legs and heads mostly. I don't preclip.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Most of my dogs are in shorties and smoothies, and I still mostly use the combs on them as well as on fluffier trims. This is a typical example of one I would have always used a 7 or 5 on, but she is now done solely with a 30 and SS combs. I also use a Clipper Vac, so that may be the difference. I still use 7, 5, and 4 blades occasionally, but not nearly as much as I used to. I also don't do severely matted dogs anymore, though.

I love my 3! Perfect for those "We like him short but not shaved" crowd.

Cockerlvr... yes I found out the hard way on that one. I had a senior groomer that I admired suggest I try the metal combs cause I would love them God rest Freddie, he forgot to tell me about the 30. Broke 8 teeth off my 40. The only one I had at the time. So being strong willed and stubborn I refused to touch a metal comb for 7 years after. But after reading posts that dated back over 2 years about bravura I decided to give it a try. SO GLAD I DID. I have only picked up my corded andis 5xs in the last year. Only to use a #5 on body for a few that want short

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Clips View Post
    Most of my dogs are in shorties and smoothies, and I still mostly use the combs on them as well as on fluffier trims. This is a typical example of one I would have always used a 7 or 5 on, but she is now done solely with a 30 and SS combs. I also use a Clipper Vac, so that may be the difference. I still use 7, 5, and 4 blades occasionally, but not nearly as much as I used to. I also don't do severely matted dogs anymore, though.
    .What comb did you use?

Just bought another 3 today. Does come in handy.

Used my 3 twice today....use my 5/8HT quite a bit too.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Nerdy

I want to tell you a story about the #3 Blade, and the #3 3/4 blade.

Years ago when Andis started to make a detachable #3 blade, Oster got upset because they're competition started to make a larger blade. Andis back them was primarily a company for barbers because they made about a dozen clipper for barbers. They were now getting into the grooming business.

So, aftyer a few dirty letters be each of their lawyers about the patent on the #3 blade, Andis started call their #3 blade.......#3 3/4. If you check the specs both blades are almost identical in size and cut, they are identical.

Today, most other blade companies call their blades either #3, or #3 3/4 without any problems

-------------------------------------------
    Jeff Andrews
    Northern Tails Sharpening, Inc
    Mobile, Alabama
    251-232-5353
    www.northerntails.com
    www.ntforsale.com
    jeff@northerntails.com
    "You NOW Have A Better Choice"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast