Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Big Grin Why GroomerTALK Message Board

This photo sums up the reason for this board, and all of PetGroomer.com, since its inception, and actually back to 1990 when Maddie Ogle wrote From Problems to Profits.

Nearly all of you, silent and active here, are fantastic but there a very few rotten eggs who go against this photo, some in the extreme. People generally are service-to-self or service-to-others and this free board and giant website is a service-to-others, and that's 99% of its members.

In the last few days we've decided to a more proactive response to misuse of the PM system, and on another issue, venting. The latter leads to more problems than you know because moderation attempts to limit it and without perfection expected.

If you wonder why more threads are closed, closing or you see more restrictions on some users temporarily or permanently, come back here and look at that photo. To the best of our ability, and it won't be perfect, we are running this board for people who understand the benefits and the professional upliftment represented by that photo. We do this freely knowing that there are many other places to go on the Internet about grooming, and each has to decide their "attitude" and this is ours.

Peace.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thanks

Thanks or all the work you moderators do keeping this a postive enviroment to learn and share in and not letting the bad eggs spoil it for the rest of us.

PS. great photo

Cute yeah thanks!

That's great to know. I personally come here for one reason and that's learning more on pet grooming! It will be a relief to know I won't be reading shots fired back and forth between people, hopefully.

Awww...that's sooo cute. I used to have a hamster, the little bugger liked to bite me. I love the photo, Stephen!

I hope I'm more like the photo than not! I try!

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Agree Great Attitude Appreciated

I'm a newcomer, but I applaud all that you do to keep this board positive and informative. As I'm sure many others have, I'm taking a big step launching a new career at this point in my life and I can't afford for it to be a mistake. Absorbing all the information, learning, networking, exchange of tips and information...and even the mishaps and scary moments.....that's what's giving me the courage to make this life changing decision and move forward with certainty. I've found my own cyber support group for free.....no way to thank you enough for that!

Gracy Rose Guest

WOW, what a picture. If that doesn't sum up - team work and caring... then nothing does.

well that's cute as could be!!! again...I'm glad I don't have your job OZ!!!
    you're doing a great job though and I love some of my newly found groomin buddies!!!! ((((hugs)))) to ya'll!!! ps. hope to see a few in Texas!

Smile Thank you

Thanks for the great work you do - I personally learn a great deal from everyone on this board!

Default Cute

I think most are very helpful and would offer flowers to the others too. Thanks for working hard to get rid of the awful ones, but not the ones who just innocently made a goof or two, but mean well.

Hee hee, it almost looks like the flower is a wild artichoke which has bad thorns, but lovely flowers. Maybe not, hopefully a clover type sweet flower.
    Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Thanks for all you do to make this board be a pleasant educational tool!!!

I know I do not like to hear other people's beefs about another individual. Personally, that sort of conduct does not project a professional image in my mind.

Not Worthy LOVE the pic!!!!!

Hearing about all the stuff that's been going around lately has really made me understand just a teensy bit what you have to go through. Man, I want to thank you guys (Oz and all the citizens of the Emerald City) from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for everyday coming in when I'm sure a lot of times you'd like to throw up your mouses (or is the plural of computer mouse still mice?) and say NO MORE MODERATION! I thank you so much for sticking with all of us, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I LOVE the pic, and I love you guys so much! Thank you for making this such a great and safe haven for us to come and learn learn learn, as well as encourage each other and help make a great industry even better and more respectable. Thanks again, I can never thank you all enough. I LOVE THIS SITE!!

Ps. sorry for the run-on sentences...I have a tendency to do that when I get excited, lol. Do forgive.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOOXOXXO
    Erin
    No Fur, No Paws, No Service.
    [url]www.LittleShopOfHowlers.com[/url]

Cute

Thank you Stephen and all involved. The board and all its members have been so supportive and helpful. Though I only got basic training in school, I've learned so much about grooming, and even about life from this site. I would have never made the decision to go mobile either if it hadn't been for all the info available here too.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast